Travel Tuesday-My Visit to Apex NC-Part One-Let's Take a Stroll
I started a new series Travel Tuesday. The goal is to share a post on Tuesday about Travel. It may be local travel, far away travel or dream travel. I thought I would start with some local travel. We are headed to Apex, NC. Truthfully I will be taking several day trips to explore the because it is a short drive to this lovely town.
I have lived in North Carolina for over 30 years. 30 years! How can that even be possible? Well, it is.The first time I visited Apex, I fell in love with this small town. I was and probably still am a member of the Methodist Church in Apex, and I used to sing on their praise team. I should probably go back and visit since I no longer am involved in a local church.
For my Apex posts, I want to focus on a few things to share with you just in case you want to stop by. I want to visit a few shops, restaurants, wine-related venues, a park, and anything else I may discover on my journey. I thought I would start with a stroll downtown to get my bearings. I will share some photos and a few facts about Apex that I find online.
I came across 3 sculptures on my casual walk around Apex.
They are hosting a Sculputure Walk until March of 2023, I may need to do that.
I began my walk at the Chamber of Commerce.
The Chamber is in The Train Depot on the right hand side of the building.
Apex is in Wake County, NC.
The town was incorporated in 1873.
The train depot was built in 1867
Apex downtown was designated a historic district in 1994
In 1900 the town had a population of 349 people, and in 2019, there were 59,300 people.
I can't wait to start exploring Apex. You will see upcoming posts in my Tuesday Travel Series. I took this stroll on a Monday. Please be aware that if you decide to visit make sure you check the open hours on the shops and restaurants. I quickly became aware that many places are closed on Monday and many restaurants don't open until the evening. All of this depends on the day. I also was told a lot changed after Covid because the business espically the restaurants are short staffed.
Happy Travels Everyone!
KathieyV













Comments
Post a Comment