A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC

My visit to Bruntshirt Vineyard was several years ago.  I visited the one in Hendrsonville, NC; there is also a bistro and tasting room in Chimney Rock, NC.  I was just on their site to make sure it is still open during this Covid Pandemic, and it is.  Both sites are open and hosting events.  I wish they were closer to Cary, NC; if they were, I would visit today.  Let's go back to the past and visit Burntshirt Vineyards...

It was the final day of my mini-vacation.  I had climbed the stairs to the top of Chimney Rock, I had pontooned beautiful Lake Lure, and I had stayed at the lovely Esmeralda Inn.  Anytime I take a trip, I do my best to visit a local winery, and I had been remiss in my tradition on this trip.   I could just go home, but that would be crazy if there were a local winery to explore. Well, as luck would have it, not far off my journey, there was a winery. I consulted Google and plotted my course to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville, NC. 

First, I wanted to know where the name came from.  Here is a quote from their website...
"Mountain lore has it that back in the day, farmers would burn their fields to clear the land on Burntshirt Mountain for planting. They tossed their shirts in the fire for good luck, and the fields yielded a bountiful crop!"

I did not have a lot of time to tour or visit due to my pending long drive back home, but I did manage the wine tasting and also enjoyed a glass of wine outside on their lovely patio.  I took a few photos, but please visit their site to get a real sense of the beauty of their vineyard.

A very nice touch is the Vintner's Table food truck.  According to the website, they are there on Saturdays and Sundays.  I enjoyed the special of the day, a turkey cheese sandwich and, of course, a glass of wine from the vineyard.  Yummy.  I need to mention the ladies from the food truck they were terrific.  So friendly, and they went out of their way to make me feel welcomed.  Thanks, ladies!
You get to choose five wines for your wine tasting.  I selected five white wines.  The one I enjoyed with my meal was Sunset Sippin; they describe it as a sweet white wine.  It was perfect for the hot fall day, and in my opinion, it was just the right amount of sweetness. 

"Burntshirt Vineyards currently sells 17 wines with 
new varieties introduced throughout the year." 
Burntshirt Vineyards


I love the wine tree:-)


I wish I would have had more time to enjoy and explore Burntshirt Vineyards.  I loved the wine and the people I encountered there.
If you are in the Hendersonville, NC area, I suggest you check out Burntshirt Vineyards.  I think you will love it!
Happy Adventures!
KathieyV:-)

Comments

  1. This looks like a sweet spot to spend an afternoon relaxing and trying the local wine, really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to go back when I have a bit more time. It is a very nice place with really good wine:-)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful place, I would visit it just for a view alone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely view. I bet it is beautiful when the leaves change.

      Delete
  3. It looks so quaint there! I would love to have a glass out on their patio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valerie, if you live near by you should check it out. Very nice place:-)

      Delete
  4. This looks like so much fun, and what a fun way to spend the afternoon! Enjoyed reading, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun, we haven't been to a vineyard since the week I found out I was pregnant with the 3rd baby..surprise! Needless to say, I didn't drink then...i need a do-over! This vineyard looks perfect and closer to home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on baby #3, that is wonderful. Yes you should check out the winery it is very nice:-)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing this! I love visiting NC wineries so this one has been added to my list! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many on my list Anna. NC has some great wineries...cheers to you too:-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic