The Results of My Magazine Adventure-"Cuisine At Home" the Jan/Feb 2019 Edition

It has been several weeks since I planned my Magazine Adventure from Cuisine At Home Magazine.  

I did not complete everything on my list, but I did manage to make several of the recipes.  Below you will find the list of the recipes and my thoughts on each that I tried.  I did a Recipe Review on one of the recipes, and you will see the link below the description of that recipe.


Let's go through the magazine and pick several recipes...

1-Lobster Thermidor

2-Parmesan Twice Baked Potato

3-Lemon Blancmange with Raspberry Sauce

4-Mediterranean Chicken Calzones I was really excited about this one, but it was a bust.  I gave it a 2/10 and ended up throwing most of it away.  I don't think the problem was the recipe; I think the problem was the pizza dough.  The filling was tasty, but the dough was stiff and thin.  I will not make this again.

It was not pretty before baking and even less so after baking.



5-Hashbrown and egg breakfast cups. I would make this one again.  It was an easy recipe, and they are great for reheating for a snack or breakfast.  I did use diced hash browns, although I think the suggested shredded hash browns would have been better.  I did add 5 minutes to the cooking time.  I gave this recipe an 8/10. It was very good.  I will probably do a recipe review blog post on this one.

I did do a recipe review on this recipe, and here is the link with a printable recipe.

Hashbrown and Egg Breakfast Cups


6-Chicken Florentine Soup I must say this is a very good recipe but time-consuming.  I gave it a 7.5 on my cooking scale.  It did not get an 8 or above because it took a lot of time.  Like I said, it is really good, and I think if you decide to give it a try, you should serve it was crackers or a slice of crusty bread.



7-Bean and Bacon Soup

8-Cheesy Onion Soup-This soup was good.  I would give it a 7/10 on my Cooking Scale.  It was reasonably easy to make.  I found the consistency thick, and I added more broth than it called for.  I had the soup as leftovers the next day, adding more broth.  It was good, but I will not make it again.

If you make this recipe watch your croutons.  Mine burnt pretty quickly, and I had to make a second batch.



I enjoyed this soup on a frigid day with a glass of wine and the fireplace in the background.

9-Fresh Dilled Salad

10-Marinated Mushroom Salad with Grape Tomatoes This recipe was very good.  I gave it a 7.5/10 on my cooking scale.  I will probably not make it again, but I did enjoy it.  I went to 3 grocery stores looking for the needed ingredients.  I never could find the cremini mushrooms.  I went with baby Bella mushrooms.


11-Brooklyn Blackout Cake

Now it is time to choose my next Magazine Adventure!

Happy Cooking and Baking!

Kathiey:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?