Magazine Adventure-"Cuisine At Home" the Jan/Feb 2019 Edition

 One thing I have always wanted to do was to explore a magazine and bring that magazine to life.  I have a stack of old cooking magazines so I decided to start with one of those.  I will search the magazine and choose a few items to bring to life.  


Let's go through the magazine and pick several recipes...


Here are a few tidbits I found in the magazine.

*What is fiedeos? (fih-Day-ohs)-Fideos is a Spanish word for Noodles.

*Here is a quote that I liked "Eat everything in moderation, and don't forget your fruits and vegetables."  Maddy Bendgen

*I found a rose' I want to try Called Ruinart Rose'.  It is a Rose' Champagne that was founded in 1792.  It is said to be lush yet delicate with notes of pink grapefruit and red berries.  Sounds good to me.  The article said it could be purchased at local retailers.  I will have to go on the search.

The plan is to choose a few recipes that I like and make as many of them as I can in the month of January.  If I find some that I love I will do a recipe review post with a printable recipe.

Here are the recipes I have chosen...

1-Lobster Thermidor

2-Parmesan Twice Baked Potato

3-Lemon Blancmange with Raspberry Sauce

4-Mediterranean Chicken Calzones

5-Hashbrown and egg breakfast cups

6-Chicken Florentine Soup

7-Bean and Bacon Soup

8-Cheesy Onion Soup

9-Fresh Dilled Salad

10-Marinated Mushroom Salad with Grape Tomatoes

11-Brooklyn Blackout Cake

In a few weeks I will let you know what I tried and what I liked and did not like.

Happy Cooking and Baking!

Kathiey:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic