Travel-New Places-Gamers Geekery & Tavern in Cary NC

Travel: Get out and enjoy new places! 

Gamers Geekery & Tavern in Cary, NC


I am always looking for fun and unique places to visit. Last week, while searching for things to do, I came across Gamers Geekery & Tavern in Cary, NC.  Rocky and I took off a Saturday to check this place out.

Here is how they describe themselves on the website...

"Gamers Geekery & Tavern is a unique gathering spot for friends and family to come together, play and enjoy friendly competition! Come for our massive board game library, Dungeons and Dragons & card games, but stay for our diverse menu and wide variety of local beer, wine & mead!" 

They have a very large selection of games...
...and there is plenty of seating...

...they also have food and beverages, including beer and wine...






The side wall is filled with games. They have a list of their game their site it is called Boardgame Library.  Currently, on the list, there are 631 games.

The first game we chose was a blast from childhood past, Chutes and Ladders. I had played this a lot as a child.  Rocky had never played the game.  I had forgotten how frustrating it was to nearly win and then have to go flying down the chute nearly back to the beginning.  It was a blast.

The second game we played was my mom's favorite of all time. Every time I play it, I think of my beautiful mom. Rummikube. This one was a new one to Rocky, too.
We did play a third game and it was a game where you ask questions of each other to attempt to get to know each other better.  I love those types of games.

We did order food and drinks.  We both had flatbread pizzas, and I had wine, and Rocky had beer.  It was fun to enjoy the food and libations as we played the games.



There is a $10 fee to rent a table to play the board games. I think that is more than fair. At that price, you can play all day if you desire. You can also have parties and other events at this venue. They also have gameplay events.  If you decide to go, call in advance to see if it is going to be a busy day to make sure you have a table to choose from.

If you decide to visit on a regular basis, they also have a membership that you can become part of.

I had a great time on my first visit and I can't wait to go and play some more games.  The Gamers Geekery & Tavern is located in MacGregor Village.
107 Edinburgh Dr. S, Suite 213, Cary, NC 27511

There is plenty of parking. The venue is on the second floor, and there are elevators if you need them.

Get out and explore and have fun!
KathieyV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?

Travel Blast From the Past-Linville Falls Winery in the Mountains of NC