Entertainment Wrap-Up...Books I Am Reading, Shows and Movies I Am Watching, and A Music Video Just For Fun

 Entertainment Wrap-Up

Welcome to my entertainment wrap-up.  Below are the books I am reading, the shows and movies I am watching, and one music video just for fun.

TV and Movies

🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥

Amazon

TV

1-Jury Duty-This one is great.  It is a reality show of sorts, and I give it a 10/10 on my scale. I am going to watch it again!


Movie
2-Scapegoat I  thoroughly enjoyed this movie.  I would give it a 9/10 on my movie scale. This one is worth watching again, also.


🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥

Netflix

TV Shows

1-The Devil in Ohio-



This is a new show I am trying on Netflix.  It is dark, but it sucks you in.  I watched all 8 episodes.  There is a twist at the end.  I did like the series and the characters.  It is worth watching.  I will give it an 8/10 stars

2-Lincoln Lawyer-

I could not get into this series at all.  I did not connect with any of the characters.  You may like it.  Here is the trailer


Movie

3-Clinical-

I am watching this movie and sharing my thoughts in real time with you. 
This movie starts out extremely gory, and I am only 5 minutes in.  I was holding my breath and closing my eyes. I am still determining if I will finish it, but I will try.

Well, I went back and tried to watch this movie.  I did decide to DNF it.  It was not the violence, but it became dull, and I could not connect with the characters.  I watched for about 45 minutes with my friend, and he kept commenting on how boring it was, so I decided enough was enough, and we stopped watching.

🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥

Hulu

TV

1-Customer Wars-This is an excellent show about conflicts in stores. It is fast-paced and keeps your interest.



 2-Justified-City Primeval.  I really enjoyed the show Justified. However, I could not get into this one at all.  I like the characters, but I will not continue with the show.



Movie 

3-True History of the Kelly Gang-I could not get into this one.  I gave it 15 minutes and could not connect with any of the characters, so I DNF'd it.



4-Swallow- I did not like it at all. I gave it about 20 minutes and DNFd it. It gave me the creeps.

Shows I watch on a regular basis-Check them out.

Out Chef'd-I love this show. Food Stars and Master Chef are two Gordon Ramsey shows I enjoy. I have been enjoying Jepordory.  I am happy to get anywhere from 1-8 questions right.  I must admit I don't understand half of the questions.

📚📚📚📚📚📚📚📚📚📚📚📚📚📚📚

Books

Yes, I am still in my reading slump, but here is what I continue attempting to finish...

1-My physical book is called "Killers of a Certain Age" by Deanna Raybourn.  I am on page 216 out of 348 pages.  I am getting close...I am also getting tired of it, and I find myself skimming.  I finally just DNFd it because I did not care.

Here is the overview from good reads
Older women often feel invisible, but sometimes that's their secret weapon.

They've spent their lives as the deadliest assassins in a clandestine international organization, but now that they're sixty years old, four women friends can't just retire - it's kill or be killed in this action-packed thriller.

Billie, Mary Alice, Helen, and Natalie have worked for the Museum, an elite network of assassins, for forty years. Now their talents are considered old-school and no one appreciates what they have to offer in an age that relies more on technology than people skills.

When the foursome is sent on an all-expenses paid vacation to mark their retirement, they are targeted by one of their own. Only the Board, the top-level members of the Museum, can order the termination of field agents, and the women realize they've been marked for death.

Now to get out alive they have to turn against their own organization, relying on experience and each other to get the job done, knowing that working together is the secret to their survival. They're about to teach the Board what it really means to be a woman--and a killer--of a certain age.

On Audible, I am listening to "In an Instant" by Suzanne Redfern.  I have about 4 more hours of listening time. I can't wait to be finished...it is getting really old.  I did finish it but it was just ok.  I would give it a 5/5 on my reading scale.

                                        

Here is the overview,,,
Life is over in an instant for sixteen-year-old Finn Miller when a devastating car accident tumbles her and ten others over the side of a mountain. Suspended between worlds, she watches helplessly as those she loves struggle to survive.

Impossible choices are made, decisions that leave the survivors tormented with grief and regret. Unable to let go, Finn keeps vigil as they struggle to reclaim their shattered lives. Jack, her father, who seeks vengeance against the one person he can blame other than himself; her best friend, Mo, who bravely searches for the truth as the story of their survival is rewritten; her sister Chloe, who knows Finn lingers and yearns to join her; and her mother, Ann, who saved them all but is haunted by her decisions. Finn needs to move on, but how can she with her family still in pieces?

Heartrending yet ultimately redemptive, In an Instant is a story about the power of love, the meaning of family, and carrying on…even when it seems impossible.

🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵

Music

I must admit I have little memory of Meat Loaf from my past music-listening history.  I was watching a concert with Meat Loaf accompanied by an orchestra.  Oh my god, it was amazing.  I have started listening to his songs, and I have really liked many of them.  Here is one...


I continue to listen to music through the decades...I will share another with you next time.

I would love to know what you are watching, reading, and listening to.  Please let me know in the comment box.

Take Care!

KathieyV



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?