Food-The Queen and Marmalade Sandwiches

 I do not follow the goings on of the royal family.  Over the years, I have heard bits and pieces of their lives, but other than an occasional tidbit of news, gossip, or a tragedy such as with Princess Diana, I know very little.  

For some reason, I have always had great respect for the Queen.  She always seemed to be a person of high integrity, plus her physical appearance reminded me of my grandmother.  Since her death, I have read a few articles in relation to her life, and it has been an amazing one. 

As far as food it seems she enjoyed marmalade.  There is even mention of marmalade sandwiches.

The skit above was made with Paddington Bear for an upcoming Jubliee.  In the skit, Paddington Bear, who loves marmalade, had a marmalade sandwich hidden in his hat.  The queen surprises Paddington with one she carries in her purse.

It seems that the Queen did enjoy marmalade on her morning toast, but there is no mention of her eating marmalade sandwiches.  

After the Queen's death, people were placing various items in tribute at a park across from Buckingham Palace.  People were leaving stuffed toys, jars of marmalade, and even marmalade sandwiches.  It was requested people not leave the sandwiches because of the negative effect they may have on wildlife.  Regardless, it was a sweet gesture.

My father loved marmalade.  I remember him enjoying it on his toast.  I tasted it as a child and found it a bit bitter.  I may need to try it again in honor of the Queen.

Happy Food Friday!

KathieyV


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?