Books- Book Store Adventures- Fifth Street Books in Mebane NC

  I love books.  Since I love books, it makes perfect sense that I would adore bookstores.   With this in mind, I thought it was high time I became familiar with the bookstores in my area and the bookstores I find in places where I may travel.

If you want to look at my first post that highlights five fun bookstores, I found online, click HERE


As you know I love books. I am always on the hunt for those bookstores that sometimes turn out to be hidden gems. Whenever I visit a new town I look for local bookshops where I can explore new and used books to hopefully find my next great read. 

My daughter has been on a mission to find old books to decorate the bookcase in her new home. She somehow stumbled upon a very large used book store called. Fifth Street Books in Mebane, NC. She was told it had a very large section and a wide variety of used books. She told me she was headed that way and I said, "wait for me" and off we went to this local bookstore. 

This is one of the best-used bookstores I have experienced. I found children's books, travel books, cookbooks, and what I would call collectible books, and the list goes on. The store seemed to be divided into specific sections. As you enter the shop you will find a children's section and as you venture into the store there are clearly marked book sections. Erica searched the books that appeared old and had the look of rare books. I found myself in the used cookbook section where I found a wide selection.
One of the best things about this used bookstore is that you are getting a great bang for your buck. I am always happy to get a half-price deal but here the deal is better than that with most of the books being $.99 to $1.99. There were some priced a bit more but we stayed out of that section. 
If you decide to stay and read a while there is seating available. I don't know if you can bring in a beverage but if I were planning to relax and read I would call and see if I could bring along a cup of coffee. One thing to keep in mind is that there is no AC. It did not feel overly hot on the September day that we visited but we did get a bit sweaty toward the end of our search. I think the fall months would be a great time to visit. I don't know if they have heat in the winter.

What did we come away with after our time at Fifth Street Books?

Erica now has a nice book display on her new built-in bookshelves.

I now have two hard-bound books with all types of recipes and decor ideas that I plan to use over the holiday season.

They do have a website Fifth Street Books.  There is not a lot of info on the site but here is the link.  I did find this quote on another site...

"12,000 square ft. Used bookstore between Haw River and Mebane Nc on US 70. Recently updated entire store. Fiction in alphabetical order. Non-Fiction by Genres. Children’s Book Bundles are available online at our website.

For more information on the location and hours, I would refer to the link above that will take you to the website.  Here is the info I found on their site.
Happy Travels and Reading Everyone!
Kathiey V



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?