Movie Madness- Crimson Peak-Bringing a Movie to Life

I am starting a series called "Bringing a Movie to Life"  It will focus on watching a movie and bringing something from it into my life.  Just because I watch the film does not always mean I will always like the film, but I am sure I can find something in the movie for my series.


The movie I watched is called Crimson Peak.  

Here is the movie description from Rotten Tomatoes

"After marrying the charming and seductive Sir Thomas Sharpe, young Edith (Mia Wasikowska) finds herself swept away to his remote gothic mansion in the English hills. Also living there is Lady Lucille, Thomas' alluring sister and protector of her family's dark secrets. Able to communicate with the dead, Edith tries to decipher the mystery behind the ghostly visions that haunt her new home. As she comes closer to the truth, Edith may learn that true monsters are made of flesh and blood."


The Movie Trailer





A bizarre and violent film. Scary creatures/ghosts or demons pop up on rare occasions in this movie. I am really not sure what they were.

I found this movie to be creepy, atmospheric, and a bit too violent for my taste.  The actors were great, and I did recognize several of them. 

I really did not like this movie, although the actors did a fantastic joy.   It was a bit too gruesome for me!  I rated it 5/10 on my movie scale. OMG, so many knives and so many hatchets! I did a lot of cringing and covering my eyes.  Uggh!

How in the world would I connect this movie to my life.  I had to look deep to find the answers.   

Options Based on the Movie

*Buy a Candlelabra-I could get a candelabra, of which there were many in the movie. I don't need one of those, but I could use a few flashlights.

*Learn how to waltz- There was a party where everyone was waltzing. I would love to do that.  I could take a class.

*Other Options-Get a Papillion puppy that showed up in the movie. Buy some extremely constricting victorian clothing, buy an old gothic home that is falling apart, or I could buy lots of knives and hatchets.

What I decided to focus on were the butterflies. The butterflies in this movie were all over the place.  I knew there was a hidden significance, but I had no idea what that was. I did find a site that explains this in detail. Hey Musings explains a lot that I missed.  One big thing I missed was the moths on the wallpaper.  Yep, they were everywhere.


After much thought, I decided to seek out some butterflies.  I love butterflies and moths. I think they are beautiful.  I am headed out this afternoon to the Butterfly House at the Life and Science Museum in Durham, NC, to take a few photos of butterflies.  More to follow...

I visited the museum and took a few photos with my old iPhone.  Yes, I need a new phone, mine is pretty old.  I also need to get my old camera out and play with it again. 

Museum of Life and Science Butterfly House

"There are over typically 30-50 different species of tropical butterflies in Magic Wings from all over the world!"  Quote from their site.
Here are a few photos...





I had a great time at the museum.  I was there with my daughter and her family, and we had fun not only in the Butterfly House but enjoying all the museum has to offer.
My Youtube Version



Watch the movie and let me know how you would bring this movie to life.  
I can't wait to see where the next movie takes me.
Enjoy Your World!
KathieyV


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic