Bookstore Adventures-Discovering BookStores-"Mr Mike's Used Books" in Cary NC

 I love books.  Since I love books, it makes perfect sense that I would adore bookstores.   With this in mind, I thought it was high time I became familiar with the bookstores in my area and the bookstores I find in places where I may travel.

If you want to look at my first post that highlights five fun bookstores, I found online, click HERE

Mikes Used Books

"Mikes Used Books" is a place I have wanted to visit since before Covid.  Last week, I was running some errands, and I decided to plug Mikes into my GPS and head to the store.  

Looking over their site, I see they were established in 2003 where "Mr. Mike's has been offering high-quality used books at excellent prices."


There were a ton of books at Mikes.  They are divided into categories and authors, so you can easily find what they have. I was able to find some books on my Goodreads TBR, and I found books for Maggie and Caleb.  
As I was looking at the books, I would consult my GoodReads app to see what the reviews had to say and check if they were already on my TBR.

"Ask Again, Yes" was on my TBR.
$22.82 on Amazon
$4.99 at Mikes and in perfect condition.

I picked this one out for Maggie.  It is a sweet book
Stand Tall Molly Lou Melon.
$15.99 on Amazon
$0.99 at Mike's

I saw this Dog Man Book and got excited because II know Caleb loves these books.  They had several.  I called Caleb, and he said he had the entire collection minus one.  Guess what I found it!
Amazon Price $9.00
Mike's Price $4.99
Another one on my TBR
"I Let You Go"
Amazon Price $16.00
Mike's Price $3.99

I saw one that I loved Falling, by TJ Newman.  I bought it on sale on Amazon for $13.30.  I did not see the actual price at Mike's, but I bet it was better than what I paid. This is a relatively new book, so I was surprised to see it in a used bookstore.  


Here is what they say about their pricing...
Over 99% of our books are priced at half of the original publisher's price OR LESS!

Regular paperbacks are priced at half the original publisher's price (with a $0.99 minimum).

Large paperbacks and hardcover books are generally priced in the $3-5 range. A few are higher or lower.
Here is my receipt...


Mike's will buy books.  Here is their book-buying policy

This used book store in Cary is found in a strip mall, so the parking is easy.
Mr. Mike's Used Books 
6440 Tryon Rd
Cary, NC 27518
919-809-8990.
I enjoyed visiting Mike's Bookstore, and I hope to return very soon.
Happy Reading, Everyone!
KathieyV
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic