Wine Wednesday - A Wine Tasting and A Food Pairing

It is wine Wednesday, and high time to share a wine tasting with a food pairing.  I am in a wine club called Naked Wines.  This club has wines from all over the world, and it is always an adventure to try a new wine.

I am going to do my amateur tasting using the plan from my recent posts called My Basic Wine Tasting Technique.  After I have tasted and have given my opinion, I will look on the wine site to get the story of the wine from the experts.  It will be interesting to see if I get anything right.


The Wine

Sacchetto delle Venezie 
Pinot Grigio 2020
    Italian Wine and the winemaker is Paolo Sacchetto
    The grapes were grown at the foot of the Italian Alps.
     


 Wine Tasting

Visual-The color was pale yellow, and it was a clear wine.

Swirl-I did swirl, and this did enhance the scent of the wine. 

Aroma- I found it to have a citrus aroma.

Taste-The taste to me was citrus lemony.  I think it was bright and acidic.

What the experts have to say-

"It has luscious fruit flavors, like juicy green apple or pear, with a delicate, mouthwatering finish. This wine is considered a crisp white with 12% alcohol."

Hmmm.  I wonder if what I thought was a citrus favor was actually the crispness or the acidity?  I will have to do more research.


Food Pairing

Here is what they say about pairing this wine..."Pair it with fish, white meat, fresh cheese, or even slightly spicy food."  I decided to pair it with a pork chop meal I received from Home Chef with that in mind.  Pork chops, the other white meat.


Another fun wine tasting and food pairing.  
I still have a lot to learn, but I am having fun with the process.
Happy Wine Sipping, Everyone!
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Places-Hiking A Linville Falls Trail in North Carolina.

Travel Blast From the Past-Linville Falls Winery in the Mountains of NC

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC