Wine Wednesday-My Visit to Starrlight Meadery in Pittsboro NC

As you know, if you have visited my blog, I am on an adventure to discover new to me wineries.  The other day I had the pleasure of visiting Starlight Mead in Pittsboro, NC.  They officially opened their meadery in 2010.  Quotes from their website will be in italics. 
First off, what is mead?  

"...now is the perfect time to explore mead: wine made from honey."

"Refined, refreshing, and far from the sticky-sweet you might expect, our award-winning meads will open up a whole new opportunity for you. Let us introduce you to honey wine varieties as engaging, diverse, and exceptional as you would find in the world of traditional wine made from grapes".

You are welcomed into a very large room with a nice bar and lots of seating...

I did not know until my visit to Starlight Mead that mead can be infused with many flavors.

"Try our meads that span traditional tastes, similar to white wine, to fruit-infused choices like spiced apple and blackberry. Venture into our subtle herb-infused wines, seasonal favorites like our margarita-style “Honeyed Rita,” and special wines highlighting the varieties of honey

What a great time I had at the Starrlight Meadery.  The tasting was informative and fun.  Check out their website for location, hours, and Covid precautions.  ."


So what did I buy? I bought the Spiced Apple for Stephanie because she loves warm mulled cider during the holiday season. The spiced apple flavor is reminiscent of mulled cider, so I thought would be perfect for Steph. I bought Erica the Honeyed Cloer, which I think is the one that has actual grapes in it from the Cloer family vineyards. For myself, I bought the Traditional Mead that is off-dry. 

They leave us with a quote on their website.  I thought it was appropriate...

"Wherever your journey takes you, we welcome you to Starrlight Mead.
May the Starrs be your guide as you discover your new world of honey wine!"

Happy Wine Sipping!
KathieyV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?