Fall/Sept Bucket List-Happy Day Fall Has Arrived!

 I love when fall arrives.  Even though it will be in the 90's here today in NC, the promise of fall is bright.  Early morning when I walk, Brodie, it has been in the '60s the last few days, and the feeling is glorious.  

I decided to make a list of the things I want to do in Sept this year.  The list is short; that way, I can actually accomplish everything I would like to do.  

My Fall/September Bucket List



Burn a Fall Candle

I picked up a candle at Yankee Candle.  This Candle has a Halloween theme, but it smells like fall to me.  I am burning it now, and the scent is incredible.

Visit an Apple Orchard

Most of the apple orchards in NC are in the mountain areas of NC.  I was able to find one not far from RTP.  It is called Millstone Creek Orchards in Ramseur, NC.  It is an hour from where I live in Cary, NC.
Caleb, Maggie, and I visited this orchard in 2019, and we stopped by again this week.  It is fun with play areas for the kids, apples, delicious cider, baked goods, and more.
(2019 memory)

(a recent memory)

Make an Apple Dessert

I have not selected an apple dessert recipe yet.  I am leaning toward an apple pie.

Go To The Zoo

I have been to the zoo a couple of times this year.  I went with Erica, Jane, and Riley last week.  I took Maggie and Caleb yesterday.  I love the NC Zoo.  The zoo is beautiful and expansive.  If you go, wear your walking shoes because it is a long walk between some exhibits.  I personally love the walking.  You get a nice workout and get to see some beautiful animals along the way.






Visit A Farmers Market

I will head over to the State Farmers Market for my visit to a Farmers Market in Raleigh, NC.  I have been there several times, and it is filled with fruits and veggies, and this time of year, there will be apples and pumpkins.

Go On a Hay Ride

The one place I think of for a hayride in the early fall is Phillips Farm in Cary, NC.  It is very close to my home, and they offer many fun activities in the fall.  I will plan to go with my grandkids.  Check the hours before you visit because they are limited to certain days.  They open on Sept 18th, according to their Facebook page.

So there you have it, six ideas for fall.  I hope to accomplish these six fun activities plus others in September.

What is on your bucket list? I would love to know.

Happy travels and adventures, everyone!
KathieyV


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic