Reading and More Vlog April 2021

                                  Welcome to my reading and more Vlog for April 2021

What I spent time reading this week.

The physical book that I am reading is The Gilded Girl by Alyssa Coleman.  It is a middle-grade book.  There is magic, and also a portrait of how unfair life can be, found in this book.  This book strongly connects to an old movie I say decades ago, "The Little Princess" with Shirley Temple.  It follows the theme of a girl who has everything placed in a boarding school while her father goes off to tend to other matters.  Suddenly the father of the girl and the source of income and thus payments to the school is suddenly presumed dead, and the school is no longer receiving payments.  The girl in both cases is no longer among the school elite and now must become a servant.  So far, it is a good read.

I am listening to a book on Audible.  It is called The Drowning by Jennifer McMahon.  I am enjoying the read. I am about halfway through the book.  There is a dual timeline and a lot of death by what appears to be accidental drowning.  I think there is more to the story, such as something paranormal.  I am enjoying the listen so far.

Outings and Adventures

I took a day trip to Wrightsville Beach last week.  What fun!  Wrightsville Beach is just under a two-hour drive.  We loaded the SUV and headed to the coast.  It was myself, Erica and baby Jane, and Stephanie, Caleb, and Maggie.  

The first thing we did when we got there was visit a local surf shop.  We bought two small umbrellas and three chairs.  The umbrellas were pitiful.  We dug deep into the sand and planted the umbrella as deep as we could into the ground.  Useless, there was no way to anchor the things other than the sand, and when the wind would come up, the umbrellas would go flying.  Poor Stephanie took off down the beach to recover our wayward umbrellas. We soon gave up on them.  

Jane loved the sand. She spent most of the day crawling all over the beach

Caleb and Maggie
Jane and Erica

 I spent much of my time in the shallow part of the water with Caleb and Maggie.  
I did have to take one dive under the water, and it was wonderful.  

Steph and the kiddos

Covid Shot #2

Four weeks ago, I received my first Covid injection.  It was the Moderna shot.  I had to travel nearly an hour and a half to my shot destination, but that is fine because I wanted protection from Covid 19.
On Friday, I returned to my original shot location and got my second shot.  They warned me my arm would hurt and I would not feel very well for the next couple of days.  Yep, they were right. I felt awful, and I could barely move my arm.  
My arm ached from the injection site down to my fingers.  I would call it a deep ache.  I had trouble sleeping because my arm pain kept waking me up.  In the morning, the arm pain was decreasing, but I had developed a fever of 101 and had body aches, a headache, and fatigue.  I spent the day Saturday taking naps and resting.  Today is Sunday, and I feel great.
Although the side effects are not fun, they are worth the protection you receive from the shot.  I say get your shot.


What is my next read?

I recieved this book from Book of the Month, a club I am a member of.  It is suppose to be a cozy mystery so I thought it may be a fun next read.

Goals for Next Week

1-Finish my taxes
2-Decorate the front porch
3-Work on my book
4-Start going to workout classes again after over a year of Covid shutdowns.  This will not be easy.  Goal is 3x/week.

I hope you had a great week and lets make this week even better!
KathieyV




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic