How I Unclogged a Clogged Toilet Without a Plunger


Oh no, not today!  I came downstairs this morning only to find that the downstairs toilet was clogged.  I tried flushing it and nearly had a mess on the floor.  Sadly I don't have a plunger.

 I looked online for ways to unclog a toilet without a plunger.  The first suggestion was to use a cup of dish soap.  I squirted some into the bowl and walked away.  My fingers are crossed for good results.
One site said to wait 20-30 minutes and follow with hot water.  Another site said hot water is fine but not boiling water because it can crack the bowl and that would not be good.
I left the toilet for about three hours.  Well, nothing changed.  The clog remained.  Next, I poured hot water into the toilet.  Now it is time to wait to see what happens.
Guess what?  Nothing happened.  The clog remains, very sad.
Next, I decided to follow the suggestions and try a metal coat hanger.
I found this suggestion to be utterly useless.
I untwisted the hanger and then poked it down the drain with no positive results.
One last thing that I saw listed on a site and decided to try is using a toilet brush.
The instruction was to use a rounded toilet brush and use it as you would a plunger.
I found one and decided to give it a try.
It worked almost immediately, it took about three pokes.  
Happy Day!!

For me, the first three attempts were a waste of time.  Next time I will go straight to the toilet brush although I have put a toilet plunger on my list of things I need for the house.

If you have a go-to for unclogging the toilet I would love to know what it is.
Just write it in the comment box.

Happy Home Owner
KathieyV


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic