Wine Wednesday-North Carolina Wines: A Visit to Grove Winery and Vineyards-A Blast From the Past

It was going to be an exciting day, and I could not wait to get started.  I was headed out with a group of wine tasting buddies to a couple of vineyards and wine stores in the great state of North Carolina.
Before we get started on our first tour, I want to share with you an NC wine fact.

"North Carolina is home to 186 wineries. 
More than 525 individually owned grape vineyards on 2,300 acres are spread across the state."

Our first stop,
Grove Winery & Vineyards
7360 Brooks Bridge Rd
Gibsonville NC 27249

A bit about them from their website,
Grove is recognized as one of the most awarded wineries and estate vineyards on the East Coast. European grapes are dry farmed and used for a limited production of about 3100 cases of premium wine each year. We grow more than 80% of the grapes we use each year here at our estate vineyards which were first planted in 2002. Grapes we grow here include Cabernet Sauvignon, Sangiovese, Nebbiolo, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Chardonnay, Traminette, and Tempranillo.

I enjoy Chardonnay but I was not familiar with Traminette and Tempranillo wines.  
Lets consult Google
Traminette Wine
"Traminette is a hybrid grape that was developed by Cornell University’s grape breeding program in the 1960s and 1970s. Its high wine quality, combined with a resistance to disease and cold, has quickly made it a favorite in Virginia vineyards. Like its parent, Gewürztraminer, Traminette has flavors of lychee, complemented by apricot and honey, and can be made into wines with varying amounts of sweetness. Traminette pairs well with rich foods such as roasted meats and Portobello mushrooms, and is especially good with a warm shrimp chowder."
Tempranillo Wine
"Tempranillo is the classic red grape variety of Spain. Long thought to be a possible ancestor of Pinot Noir but now proved to be indigenous to Spain, there is no doubt that the grape does bear a marked resemblance to Pinot Noir, which is one reason I like it so much.  Tempranillo responds sublimely to delicate integration of American and French oak, producing deeply colored smooth, elegant wines capable of long aging, with sensuous notes of vanilla, cedar and soft spice. It is also ideal for making young wines, “jovenes,” where the grape imparts juicy strawberry and summer fruit flavors."

Time for the tasting.
Happy Day!
As you can see during the tasting, 
my wine buddies and bloggers were listening and posting attentively. 



According to their website, their tasting room is open daily noon till 6 pm.
The cost of a tasting is $7.00.

We took a short walk around the property.

Perfect area for events.
If you know me, you know I am all about events.  
Grove Winery seems to have a ton of them.
I wish I lived closer so I could participate.
As I was looking over the events calendar, I found myself getting excited about
 their $3 Thursday Nights, the concerts, the food truck rodeos, 
the Haw River Paddle, and many of their other events.
I did buy two of their wines to take home and enjoy.
2017 Traminette (Dry)
2017 Chardonnay
I had a lovely time at Grove Winery and Vineyards. 
I would love to return for a visit and possibly enjoy one of their many events. 
Get out and Explore.
I suggest give Grove Winery a try.
KathieyV
(As you can see in the photo below I am playing with photoshop again:-)
(This wine tasting was free for we bloggers to experience this wonderful winery.  Nothing was expected of us in return except for some social media posts, but I decided to do a blog post.  Thanks, Grove Vineyards for an enjoyable experience!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic