Travel-Blast From The Past-Triangle Russian Festival in Apex NC

I saw that one of my Meetup Groups was attending the Triangle Russian Festival In Apex NC.  I signed up, grabbed my camera, and I was on my way.  The Festival was held Feb 3 at the at the Halle Cultural Center in downtown Apex.
There were many vendors at the event.  I loved the wooden Santas.  The intricate detail is impressive.

Below are the goals as listed on their website...
Triangle Russian Festival Goals
1 To introduce Russian culture to the general public, and to promote the understanding of the unique
     cultural and ethnic heritage of the country.
2 To unite the Slavic, and the Central and Western Asian communities in the Triangle Area.
 3 To reinforce Russian-identity among the Russian population in the Triangle Area.

                               We  decided to eat at a small food table in the main hallway of the venue.  Here were our lunch choices....
        I had the potato salad and a blini. What is a blini you ask?  I had to look it up on Wikipedia and here is what they said..."A blini or, rarely, blin, is a Russian pancake traditionally made from wheat or buckwheat flour and served with sour cream, quark, butter, caviar and other garnishes."

There were numerous performers at the festival.  The talented lineup included dancers, actors, and musicians.  Shows for everyone to enjoy. 
I love the traditional outfits.  Did you notice the dagger in his belt?

I may attend next year.  I did not have a lot of time on this particular day so I missed much of the shows and arts and crafts.  What I did see and do I really enjoyed.  
Get out and explore and have fun.
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic