A Travel Memory - WinterFest 2016. The Polar Plunge in Blowing Rock North Carolina


I noticed this week that WinterFest was taking place in Blowing Rock, NC. This is such a fun event, and I have been several times. I could not attend this year, but I thought I would pull up an old post to remind me how much fun this event is. This post focuses on the Polar Plunge. 


Travel Memory WinterFest 2016



Every year at the end of January, Blowing Rock NC hosts Winterfest. A few of the events are the Chili Cookoff, Winter Feast, Wine Tastings, Ice Carvings, and more.

Here is what the High Country of NC Website said about the event...

Join the Village of Blowing Rock January 28-31, 2016 as we celebrate the fun side of winter at the 16th Annual Blowing Rock Winterfest! From the Chili Cookoff to WinterPaws Pet Show,  the icy Polar Plunge to WinterFeast, there’s something for all ages at Blowing Rock WinterFest.
One of the many highlights of Winterfest is the Polar Plunge.  It is held at the Chetola Resort.  Here are a few of my photos from the event.You will notice a few folks holding plungers, hence the Polar "Plunge":-)




Jump off point....
This guy stayed in the water the entire time making sure everyone made it out of the water.
He did a great job.
Great jumping style.

They said they were the Kardashians..I am pretty sure those are balloons in their pants and not their God given attributes:-)





Luckily no one needed the stretcher.
After jump comfort:-)

Another great Polar Plunge at the Chetola Resort.  My question for you.  Would you jump?
Happy Travels and Adventures
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic