Stress Relief and Self Care Part 3 -Stress Relief and Music

Let's continue our series on Self-Care and Stress Relief.  

Today let's take a look at Stress Relief and Music.


Music can make us feel good...listening to the right music can change our mood. Listening to music can stimulate dopamine in our brain, also known as the feel-good hormone in our body.  Music can be used as a therapeutic tool to reduce stress, promote healing, and improve one’s overall emotional well-being.


"In addition to helping human beings experience positive emotions, listening to music has also been associated with improving our physical health and well-being."
Michiagan State University

The ability to listen to music is available to nearly everyone.  It is usually low cost, and there is a genre for everyone.

"Contemporary research suggests music has significant power to help reduce stress and anxiety, relieve pain, and improve focus, among many more benefits."


Music affects us both mentally and physically. According to a study on music therapy, music can lower our heart rate and cortisol levels, release endorphins, distract us from uncomfortable emotions, and reduce stress.

You can listen to music anytime.  Many begin playing music when they first get up in the morning to set the mood for the day. People listen to music at home, when driving in the car, while exercising, and so on.

According to ASCAP, music can do the following in our lives...
  • Triggers Pleasure
  • Takes the Nervous System Down a Notch
  • Is an Emotional Release
  • Can Ground You in the Present
  • Distracts from Stressors
  • Fosters Creativity
  • Facilitates Connection
According to the University of Nevada
Faster music can make you feel more alert and concentrate better. Upbeat music can make you feel more optimistic and positive about life. A slower tempo can quiet your mind and relax your muscles, making you feel soothed while releasing the stress of the day. Music is effective for relaxation and stress management.

There are so many ways to use music in our lives. This is what I suggest you do, and it is something I do.
*Make playlists of your favorite songs. I do this on Spotify. They let me make an endless supply of playlists. I have 1960s music up to today divided into decades. I have a Christian playlist of my favorite Christian songs. I have music based on movies and plays. Whatever I am in the mood for, I play.
*If you find yourself in a funk, play your favorite playlists. I know it has taken me from, sad to dancing.
*Use music throughout your day. Some people begin to play music as soon as they get up and during the day's many activities. I listen to music when cleaning or driving or when I need to lift my mood.

So take care of yourself and practice a bit of stress relief.  Try listening to music, and remember to dance and sing; it will change your outlook.
God Bless You on Your Journey.
Kathieyv



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?