Foodie Friday-Easy Homemade Lemonade Recipe

 I have tried several new recipes this week. I am always looking for recipes to put in a family cookbook I am making, and only two made the cut this week. One was a muffin recipe, and the other a fresh lemonade recipe. Here we sit in the middle of a hot summer, so what a great time to make a refreshing beverage. 

This is an easy homemade lemonade recipe. Lemonade should be a summer staple, but it seems I just don't make it often, but I want to change that. All it takes is fresh lemons, ice cubes, simple syrup, and cold water.

The recipe calls for 1 cup of lemon juice. You can use bottled juice or fresh lemon juice. I decided to use fresh lemon juice. I looked up how many lemons it takes to produce a cup of lemon juice, and the range varies based on the size of the lemons. Some sites say 3-4 large lemons, and some say 6-8 lemons. I bought 8 average-sized lemons and used 7 lemons for the desired amount. I used the remaining lemon for garnish.


The tool I use to juice the lemons is a lemon squeezer. This is a simple and easy way to extract my cup of lemon juice.

This recipe calls for simple syrup.  Simple syrup is a mixture of sugar and water and is very easy to make.

How to make Simple Syrup

Some people make their simple syrup in a saucepan on the stove, but I find it quicker and easier to use the microwave. Simple syrup is a simple mixture of sugar and water. The most common ratio for simple syrup is equal parts water and sugar.  I use a 2-cup glass microwavable measuring cup.  I put one cup of sugar in, followed by one cup of water.  I stir it up and put it in the microwave for two minutes on high.  I then take it out and stir again and then mircowave it again for a minute or until the sugar is dissolved.  I take it out, stir it up, give the mixture some time to cool, and then use it in the recipe.  I also use this technique when I make my iced tea.
 Here is the recipe...Enjoy!



I hope you enjoy this lovely summer time beverage.

Happy Cooking and Baking Everyone!

Recommended Equipment Plus a Few Things Just For Fun!

If you need some items for your lemonade making expierience here are a few I found on Amazon. (I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you buy any items using my links I get a small % of the sale with no added cost to you). I have a lemon squeezer which I love and use frequently. I already have a nice glass pitcher and measuring cup. I would love to the lemon hat:-)


Here are the Amazon Links

1-Glass Water Pitcher with Spout – Elegant Serving Carafe for Water, Juice, Sangria, Lemonade, and Cocktails – Crystal-Clear Glass Beverage Pitcher.

2-Lemon Squeezer, Stainless Steel Manual Lime Squeezer, Vakoo Anti-Corrosion Fruit Citrus Juicer Press with Non-Slip Grip Effortless Hand Juicer Perfect for Juicing Oranges, Lemons & Limes

3-Break Resistant"Dew Drop" Clear Plastic Pitcher with Lid and 4 Tumbler Glasses Drinkware Set - Perfect for Iced Tea, Sangria, Lemonade (82 fl oz. pitcher - 14.5 fl oz. glasses)

4-Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Glass Measuring Cup

5-Drinking Glasses, 12 Piece Glass Cups Set. Includes 4 Highball Glasses(17 oz.) 4 Rocks Glasses(13 oz.) 4 Juice Glasses(7 oz.) By Home Essentials & Beyond. Ideal for Water, Juice, Beer, cocktail. Dishwasher Safe.

6-18" Cocktail Mixing Glass Bar Spoon - Long Handle Stainless Steel Drink Pitcher Mixer to Chill and Mix Stirred Drinks - 1 Spoon

7-DALIX Lemon Hat Baseball Cap

🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic