Fashion- What the Heck is Dopamine Fashion?

 I have heard the term "Dopamine Fashion" thrown around, and I decided to find out what it is.  Let's head off to Google...


First off, why would we even want to stimulate dopamine in our bodies? I found the answer on a site called Into Action Recovery Centers.  Here is what they said...

"In addition to our mood, dopamine also affects movement, memory, and focus. Healthy levels of dopamine drive us to seek and repeat pleasurable activities, while low levels can have an adverse physical and psychological impact. When the brain has a healthy level of dopamine, we feel good. Our motivation increases."

This all sounds very helpful in boosting our mood and focus, so let's find out how to accomplish this with fashion. My initial thoughts on Dopamine Fashion had me thinking it was all about bright colors in your style statement.  I believed that the burst in dopamine to boost our mood was from the colors. It seems that is only part of it.  In a nutshell, it appears that just dressing in a way that makes us feel good increases dopamine.

Here is a definition I found on The Very Well Mind site.

"Dopamine dressing is predicted as the trend of 2022 and involves dressing with the intention of boosting your mood. Color, style, and texture can all have psychological associations and are often tied to memories. Getting out of your comfort zone when it comes to clothes can also trigger dopamine release."

I went on several fashion sites and found colors they associate with dopamine fashion.  The three dominant colors were bright pinks, greens, and blues.  Although it does not sound like color is the only key to dopamine fashion.
So what are the keys to dopamine dressing?
*Bright Colors-(you have to like the color for this to work:-)
*Any Color Associated with a Memory
*Texture-add texture to your wardrobe.
*Colorful Accessories (I would probably add the accessories 
rather than bright clothes, but that is just me:-)
*New Styles that you feel good in.

As I am sitting here writing this post, I am in my pajamas, and they are black, so no dopamine here.  I am headed upstairs to get dressed into something that makes me feel good, and then I am headed out the door, hopefully feeling happy and motivated to face my day.

Give Dopamine Fashion a try.  It can't hurt, and it may help, so why not.
KathieyV







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?