Wine Wednesday Wine Tasting-4 Estaciones Viognier

I tried a new wine last week.  The one I tried was by 4 Estaciones, and it was a Viognier.  Let's see the results of my tasting.

The tasting is based on my limited abilities...
Appearance
The wine is pale yellow with no bubbles or sediment.
The Scent
I would say acidic and fruity.
Taste
Very sour and acidic.  I would say a sour lemon taste.


Re-tasting with the experts from the Wine Cellar

"Yellow tones with fine hue, intense with apricot, citrus, and tropical fruits. A refreshing wine with creaminess and an elegant persistent finish."

I agree it is yellow. As far as the fruit tastes, I can only identify citrus; although I smell something else that I can't identify.  It did have a persistent finish that I did not like.

Vivino says it tastes like...


I would agree that it is bold in flavor and leans a tad toward sweet.  I would disagree and say it is more acidic than soft.
 
I found this wine very acidic to point of discomfort.  I read that an acidic wine can stimulate your salivary glands and this one did.  I could feel this occurring toward the back of my tongue on both sides and also underneath my tongue.  This wine made my mouth water but not in a good way.

The experts say the flavors are mango, tangerine, and citrus.  I consulted my Wine Folly book and found that the flavors of viognier wine vary.  For example typically the fruit flavors are tangerine, peach, and mango, which I would like.  Where as if it is grown in specific parts Africa it may be lemon and yellow apple, which I probably would not like because I am not a citrus in my wine lover.

They suggest for food pairings, you could serve pork, rich fish such as salmon or tuna, spicy foods, and poultry.

How do I feel after tasting this Viognier from an Argentinian winery?  I found it extremely acidic with high levels of citrus, I would say lemons. That being said I did not like this wine.  I would give it a 1/5 on my wine loving scale.  My daughter, who loves the taste of a citrusy wine, did not like it either so sadly we could not drink it and we poured it down the drain. 

If you love a high acid and high citrus wine your would probably love this wine.

Happy Wine Sipping Everyone!

Kathieyv



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?