Foodie Friday-Making Muffins? Here Are Some Muffin Tips

I love a good muffin.  I especially love a nice moist muffin. I had selected a muffin recipe that declared it was one of the best moist muffins out there and I could not wait to try the recipe and share it with you.  Well, I did make the recipe and there were many steps and I was extremely disappointed with the outcome.  First off they did not even look good.  Second, they were dry and a bit flavorless.  Sadly I have no muffin recipe to share with you.  What I thought I would do is share a few muffin tips so let's get started.

Here are a few tips I found online...
  • Don't over mix your muffins or they will become tough. When combining dry ingredients with liquid ingredients, stir only until the mixture is combined. The batter may still be lumpy.  A wooden spoon is recommended rather than a mixer.
  • In most cases fill your muffin cups about 3/4 full unless told otherwise by the recipe.
  • Your eggs, butter, and milk should be at room temp.  This aids in making your muffins light and fluffy.
  • Add a bit of flour to your add-in ingredients such as nuts and berries.  This helps prevent the add-ons from sinking to the bottom of the muffin cup.
  • Freeze your baked muffin to enjoy later.  Before freezing let them come to room temp and then put them in a single layer in a freezer bag.  Reheat them in the microwave for 30-45 seconds and then enjoy!

So, there are just a few helpful hints to use when making muffins.  As far as the ones I made they are edible but not good enough to add to my family cookbook. Do you have a favorite muffin recipe or a muffin helpful hint?  I would love to know, just put it in the comment box.

Happy Baking Everyone!

KathieyV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?