Wine Wednesday Wine Tasting-Rodney Strong 2019 Chardonnay

On occasion, I attempt a wine tasting. Why do I say attempt? It is because I have no idea how to do an official tasting. There is no time like the present to attempt a wine tasting, so here goes.

I had come across an article about Rodney Strong wines, so I decided to do a tasting on their 2019 Chardonnay. I found in my research that you should look at and describe how the wine appears as well as the scent and the taste of the wine.




A bit of history on Rodney Strong...

"Our story begins in 1959, when Rodney Strong envisioned Sonoma County as a special place for producing wine. A true pioneer in Sonoma County, Rodney Strong led the way for the future of Sonoma County winemaking. Rodney Strong Vineyards was the 13th winery bonded in the newly discovered Sonoma County wine industry."

My Wine Tasting

Color and Clarity - Clear, pale yellow in color.

Scent/Aroma/Bouquet - My guess is pear and apple but I have no idea

Taste - now that I taste it I would call it lemony or citrus flavored.

Here is an official wine tasting result...

"the fresh tropical and citrusy fruit. This vintage displays aromas of lemon curd and apple with hints of toasty oak and baking spices. The finish is long and lingering with silky notes of fresh pear and pineapple."
"Bright lemon and apple aromas mingle with hints of toasty barrel complexity. On the palate, pear and pineapple mix with spice and refreshing acidity." 

(I did pick up that it had a lemony flavor but  I could not distinguish apple, baking spices, oak, pear or pineapple flavor but I did pick up on pear and apple aroma)

Wine pairing suggestions by the experts...

Enjoy with roasted chicken, salmon or pasta dishes.

Enjoy this wine with grilled asparagus, seared tuna with a mango-avocado salsa or an apple and brie grilled cheese.

If I were to select a pairing for this evening it would be the apple brie grilled cheese that sounds wonderful.


Happy Wine Tasting Everyone!

KathieyV


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic