Bookstore Adventures-Discovering Bookstores

I love books.  Since I love books, it makes perfect sense that I would adore bookstores.   With this in mind, I thought it was high time I became familiar with the bookstores in my area and the bookstores I find in places where I may travel.

My plan is to search in my area for local bookstores and then go a bit outside of local and see what I can find.  I hope to visit a bookstore each month and post my experience.   I will visit new bookstores and used bookstores and hopefully find some unique ones along the way.  I may hit a few libraries too.
Before I start this grand adventure, I will look for a few unique bookstores that I would love to visit.  I will provide links and a brief description so you can look them up if you are curious.

1-Baldwin's Book Barn-"The Book Barn was built in 1822 and is a five-story building which exudes bookish charm with its cozy nooks, stone walls, friendly atmosphere, wood-burning stove, and shelf upon shelf of books, maps, and prints. Baldwin's Book Barn is an inveterate and unique institution of Chester County, Pennsylvania where people have come for decades to buy and sell books."

2-The Last Bookstore- "The Last Bookstore is California’s largest used and new book and record store. Currently, in our third incarnation, we began in 2005 in a downtown Los Angeles loft. That’s when owner Josh Spencer took his decade of experience selling everything from cars to clothes online and focused instead on his first love: books. During the revitalization of downtown LA, we grew quickly to our current 22,000 sq. ft. space in the Spring Arts Tower at 5th & Spring.

3-The Moravian Book Shop-"Founded in 1745, the Moravian Book Shop is the oldest bookstore in America, the oldest continuously operating bookstore in the world and home to the Moravian University student bookstore."

4-The Book House-Here is an article from Biblio that claims that this location is haunted; it is called "Working with Ghosts-A Haunted Bookstore." It seems that 3 ghosts reside in this bookstore, so if you go, be alert for a ghost sighting.

5-Kramers- This bookstore is described as a place with books, food, and drink.  I would love to pay them a visit.

These are just a few to get us excited about what we may find on our hunt for bookstores.  If you know of an interesting book store, please let me know in the comment box.

Happy Reading!

KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?