Recipe Review-Soft Snickerdoodles- My Favorite Christmas Cookie

I have always loved Snickerdoodles.   I recall when I was a child during the Christmas holidays my mom prepared many different types of Christmas cookies.  She made Chocolate Chip Cookies, Spritz, and Sugar Cookies.  I remember the year she added Snickerdoodles.  I think everyone in the family fell in love with this cookie.


I have not always had the best of luck with Snickerdoodle recipes.  They were so easy to overcook and if I did they became hard.  In order to remedy this I many times would undercook this cookie. This recipe seems to be a bit more forgiving and all of my cookies came out soft and delicious.   
Yield: 36
Author: Lil Luna
Snickerdoodles

Snickerdoodles

"Super soft and full of cinnamon - this Snickerdoodles recipe is sure to be a hit! They're one of our all-time favorite cookie recipes and always get so many compliments!"

Prep time: 10 min cook time: 10 min total time: 20 Min

Ingredients

Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter softened
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 3/4 cups flour
  • 2 tsp cream of tartar
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon

Instructions

Instructions
  1. Mix together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
  2. Cream together sugar and butter. Add eggs and vanilla and blend well.
  3. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
  4. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
  5. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
  6. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees. (Makes about 3-4 dozen cookies)

Notes:

Snickerdoodles are my favorite Christmas Cookie. My mom loved them too:-)


In the past, I have found Snickerdoodles to be a bit unforgiving. They are easy to over or undercook. This recipe seemed to be forgiving and the cookie came out soft and delicious.

What is your favorite holiday cookie? 
Happy Cooking and Baking
 KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic