Wine Tasting-Arabella Sauvignon Blanc

 I recently published a recipe with wine titled Recipe Review White Chicken Chili with a Wine Pairing.  The wine I paired with the Chili was Arabella Sauvignon Blanc, and I found that I really enjoyed the wine.


I decided to do a little research on this wine, and here is what I found. 

Arabella is produced in South Africa.  The wine is described as "Green and Flinty."

Here is how I found Green and Flinty described on Wine-Searcher

"A cool, citrus minerality.

From the limestone character of Sancerre to the green, herbaceous Sauvignon Blanc of Marlborough, this style often shows off cut grass and wet stone."

The description above would not lead me to want to try this wine.  The appeal of tasting wet stone and cut grass does not entice me. Despite the description, I loved this wine.

Here is a description of the wine from the winery website...(I like this description:-)

Tasting Notes

Yellow green in colour. Complex green grassy nose with passion fruit, guava and pear aromas. Gooseberry, capsicum and tropical flavours on a full, rich palate with a long sweet-fruited finish.

Arabella Sauvignon Blanc is said to pair well with Goat Cheese and Feta.  I thought it paired really well with the White Chicken Chili.

This wine has 13% alcohol.

Here is a link to their website Arabella Wine Estate.

I purchased this wine from Naked Wines which is a wine club I am a member of.

Happy Wine Tasting, Everyone!

KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?