Weekly Words-Tuesday Quote for August 17,2021

 Quote of the Week


I had my life goals set and did not see any reason that they would not be accomplished. I married, had two children, and had grandchildren on the way. I was looking forward to retirement and spending quality time with my family. I envisioned family dinners and family travel. I did not know this would all be upended by someone who claimed to love me. 

Regardless of the promises to love and cherish, the marriage crumbled at the hands of my husband. Along with my crumbled marriage came my crushed dreams. 

It was not my choice to "leave the life" I had planned. But to find the life that was "waiting for me," I had "to leave," the life I knew. That means picking up the shattered pieces of my life and taking a new path, thus finding new dreams and goals.

If we continue to hold on to the life we lost in hopes of its returning, we can become stuck in an unpleasant hopeless future.  With this in mind, we need to start re-inventing our goals and dreams.  In this re-invention, we can continue to grow as we establish a new life.  I know from experience that this is not an easy process, but it is possible.  

I look forward to my new life.  Yes, there are roadblocks and pitfalls, but now that I no longer hold tightly to the life I had planned, I look forward to the one that is waiting for me.

May God Bless You on Your Journey
KathieyV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?