Reading and Lifestyle Vlog June 9,2021

   Welcome to my reading and more Vlog for Early June 2021


YouTube Version


What I spent time reading this week.

The physical book I am reading right now is The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune.  I have not heard a bad review on this book.  Everyone seems to love it, so I decided to give it a try.  I am on page 88, and I am really enjoying it.  The character development is top-notch.  I really like the main character Linus and his testy cat Calliope.  So far, I have met sprites, living gnomes, and many other interesting creatures, including the antichrist.  I mention the antichrist, but in no way is this a scary book or a book filled with terror.  It is basically about orphans that have magical abilities and the ones who oversee them. It seems light and peaceful to me.  But, anything can happen, so I will continue to read.


I just DNF'd an Audible read.  It is called We Are All The Same in the Dark by Julia Heaberlin.  It started with a bang.  A young girl is found lying in a field of dandelions.  The man who finds her has a suspicious past.  He rescues her and takes her home, and his past makes him a questionable suspect.  I was invested.  I wanted to know more.  Sadly it takes a turn in the topic, and I became extremely bored, and I did not care anymore.  So, I DNF'd it.
I am now listening to another book on Audible called Wishes and Wellingtons by Julie Berry.  I find this to be much more interesting than the other Audible read.  This is a Middle Grade, Fantasy book.  I am about 4 chapters in, and I have met a little girl who has found a Genie.  I think it will be a fun book.


Family

It has been a busy time.  Jane has turned one. 

She had a bit too much cake, and she seems to be in a stupor:-)




We had a wonderful time at Stephs for My Birthday and Mother's Day.

Little Riley was born.  Erica spent about three weeks in intense false labor.  She was sent to the hospital a couple of times and then sent back home after monitoring.  Suddenly I get a call the baby is coming "now."  I had to get Jane so they could get to the hospital.  I was speeding down the highway going 85MPH, which is not typical for me.  I may go a few miles over the speed limit, but that is it.  Desperate times call for desperate measures.  When I finally arrived, they took off for the hospital, and Jane came home with me.  They made it to the hospital with time to spare, and we now have a beautiful little girl to love and cuddle.



I was able to spend some time with Caleb and Maggie this week.  After the pool in my community was closed all last year due to covid, it was nice to finally visit again.
I love to spend time with Maggie and Caleb!
I was not able to get a photo of Caleb. He was in the deep end of the pool making new friends.  


Cousins:-)

What I have been watching...

If you have Hulu, you know that they suggest shows for you to watch.  The other day one popped up called Haunted Towns.  When I saw the photo for the show, I thought the people in the photo looked familiar.  Then I remembered I met part of the team when I was in Savannah, Ga.  They were so nice. If you like ghost hunting shows, this is a good one.  


Food

I have been enjoying my Home Chef Subscription.  It keeps my diet, for the most part, healthy and diverse.  If I did not have this subscription, I would probably exist on sandwiches and cereal, which did not make my Dr. happy.
Here are a few of my recent Home Chef Meals

Pork Medallions and Sweet Onion Peppercorn Gravy with Garlic Butter Green Beans and Mushrooms

Macadamia-Crusted Mahi-Mahi and Sweet Chili Sauce

with red pepper and coconut rice

Lemon Cream Pork Chop with Pecan Butternut 

Squash and Brussels Sprouts


If you want to try them, here is my referral link
If you use the link, you get $35 off your first order, and after you order your first box, I get $35 off my next order.  It is a win-win!


What is my next read?

My next read will be the cozy mystery I recently ordered For Whom The Book Tolls.  

After that, I plan to read "84 Charing Cross Road.

Goals for Next Week
1-Find a book coach and editor.
2-Update my blogs and decide what I want to do with them.
3-Continue to work on my book
4-Start going to workout classes again after over a year of Covid shutdowns.  This will not be easy.  The goal is 3x/week.
5-Research how to host a giveaway on my youtube channel.  I have a book I want to give away because I have two of them.  The Lost Apothecary, stay tuned.



I hope you had a great week, and let's make this week even better!
KathieyV


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?