Book Genre-Thriller

So just what is a thriller? Here is what Wikipedia says
"Thrillers are characterized and defined by the moods they elicit, giving viewers heightened feelings of suspense, excitement, surprise, anticipation, and anxiety. Successful examples of thrillers are the films of Alfred Hitchcock."

I found a list of sub-genres in the thriller category.  There is the thriller sub-genres; psychological, action, crime, political, mystery, spy, legal, and science fiction thriller.  

The Master Class site says, "Thrillers are dark, engrossing, and suspenseful plot-driven stories."




The Last Flight by Julie Clark on Good Reads is listed as a thriller. 
 The sub-genre, as listed on GoodReads, is  Mystery-Thriller and Psychological Thriller.
I just finished listening to this book on Audible.  It was a thriller based on the Wikipedia definition.  The book was suspenseful, anxiety-producing, and there were feelings of anticipation as I waited to see what happened.  I read somewhere, but I don't recall where thrillers typically have little humor infused into the storyline.  This book, in fact, had no humor that I can recall.  It was a good book, and I recommend it.  A review will follow when I do my reading wrap-up for my last five books.


Recent reads of mine that are considered Thrillers,
The Guest List by Lucy Foley.


The Child Finder by Rene Denfeld.
 I love this book, although it is painful.


A Girl Named Anna by Lizzy Barber. 
 I loved this book too, but it too is painful.


The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn.  
This is an edge of your seat book, and I loved it.

Here is my YouTube Video...

What is your favorite thriller?  I would love to know.
Happy Reading, Everyone!
KathieyV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?