Journal Prompt-What Song Has Given Your Strength in a Difficult Time?

 

Music has been my source of hope and strength since I can remember. As a child, I remember singing along with the Hermans Hermits and The Monkeys for hours on end. As I entered my teen years, I loved rock music and listened to it every chance I got. As a teen, I gave my life to God and began to listen to contemporary Christian music. I loved the hope and encouragement found in the lyrics. Over the years, with all of its ups and downs, I found positive messages in the music that helped me deal with whatever came my way.

I could not have anticipated the power of music in my life when a devastating life event occurred. My husband left me after a 37-year long marriage without any warning. I was in shock and quickly fell into depression. I felt I had no lifeline and no hope, and then I remembered the music. I began to listen to my favorite Christian radio station. Even on the days I did not feel the desire to listen, I forced myself to do so, and it did help. In listening every day, I found strength in the lyrics and hope in the music. With the encouraging words of the music, I slowly began to regain my strength. 

There were several songs in which I found renewed hope, but one song stands out among them. I called this song My Song. The song title was "Praise You In This Storm" by Casting Crowns. When my song would come on the radio, it was as if I was receiving a gentle hug from God. And through my tears, I would do my best to praise Him even in my storm.

KathieyV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?