Journal Prompt-Describe a Time You Feel Most at Peace.

 

When I was a child, I had many "special places" where I would go to seek peace and quiet from my, sometimes, complicated life. I remember I would find solace in the trees, literally. There was a large tree in the field behind a barn we had on the property. I remember many times climbing that tree where I had one limb that became my retreat. When the world became too loud and confusing, I would find my spot on that limb where I would sometimes pray, sometimes rest, and at times just breathe. 

There was another tree in the woods behind our house. This tree had a ready-made stump. The stump was about two feet above ground level and surrounded by newly formed shoots from the still-living tree. When I needed quiet, I would walk into the woods, find my tree, and sit hidden among and protected from the chaotic world by the shoots that surrounded me. 

In my twenties and thirties, I found peace in music. I was a member of a praise and worship team at my church. My role was to sing backup for the lead singer and also play background keyboards. I loved it. I could practice for hours, and it would seem to me like only minutes. The music and the lyrics of the songs brought me great hope.

Now that I am in a later stage in my life, I find peace in my grandchildren. Jane is six months old. I find peace holding her when she is sleeping and playing and cuddling with her when she is awake. There is peace in enjoying time with my older grandkids also. Caleb is nine, and Maggie is four. There is no worry in the world when I am enjoying time with them. I have another grandbaby on the way, and I can't wait to hold her. My life has been disrupted by divorce, and I struggle to find peace, but this struggle seems to dissipate when my precious grandbabies are near. It is as though the world stands still, and I see only them.
KathieyV


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?