Journal Prompt-When was the last time you did something for the first time and how did it make you feel?

Let me think.  When was the last time I did something for the first time, and how did it make me feel?  Several weeks ago, I decided to do something different.  I made reservations to go llama trekking.

I was aware of a winery in NC called Divine Llama.  I knew they had wine and llamas, and I had been following their site for some time and thought I needed to stop thinking about going and go. 

Wine is nothing new to me as I love a good glass of wine, but llama trekking was an anomaly.  I could not wait to give it a try.  I packed a small backpack with what I thought I would need on the trail and set my GPS for the two hour trip to East Bend, NC.

As far as how it made me feel, I found myself excited as I drove the lovely roads of NC to my destination. I was delighted to meet new people on the trail and enjoyed the conversation and the comradery that occurs when trying new things with others.  Meeting the llamas brought me joy.  Their sweetness and beautiful brown eyes warmed my heart.

Trying new things takes a bit of courage.  There is an element of fear in trying something new.  For me, it is worth jumping in and seeing what happens.  Don't get me wrong; all of my new adventures are thought out.  For instance, I have no desire to skydive. It is just not for me.  I calculate my risks, and to me, jumping out of a plane would be up there as far as risk factors.  I am sure there are risks involved in llama trekking, such as a sprained ankle, an encounter with a copperhead on the trail, being spit at by a llama.  Those, to me, are potential risks that are worth taking.  

For me, a divorced woman who has to refigure my life, I find that adventures help me know myself a bit better.  These experiences also help stabilize my perspective as to what life is and can be and life can be a wonderful adventure.  There is so much to see, learn, and experience, and trying new things helps me remember this fact and helps me not get stuck in one place. 

KathieyV



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic