Journal Prompt #5-Write About a Dream You Remember and How You Felt About that Dream

Tell Your Story Through Journaling!


I have lived long enough to have had thousands of dreams. I have had my share of nightmares and also my share of fun and memorable dreams. I can remember themes in my dreams that recur, such as being in a play with hundreds of people in attendance and I forgot my lines and can't find my script. I sometimes dream that I need to shower, and I search desperately for shampoo and soap, and someone always takes it before I can get to it. 


My mom had a recurring dream that she would speak of often. This dream was based on a house she would pass on her travels. I remember my mom showing me this house. It was a white home on a hill. Mom said, in the dream, she would enter the front door of this house. As she entered the house, she was welcomed with joy and hugs from many people. About midway through her dream, she realizes that everyone in the house had died some time ago. Mom said this dream gave her comfort that she would be greeted on the other side of this life.


I had two dreams as a child that have stuck with me. One was of a faith focus. When I walk down the stairs in the middle of the night, I open the front door, and in the yard is the full living nativity scene. I was invited into the manger, and it was amazing.


 One dream that I had was so real that I wondered if it happened when I woke up. It was a dream about my brother Bruce, who had Down's Syndrome. I was probably in second grade when I had this dream. 

Growing up, I was aware of the stares and comments directed toward Bruce. These negative comments would upset me. In the dream, I remember that Bruce came up to me, and he was changed. He looked the same, but he was different. 


Bruce gave me a sweet, confident hug in this dream, and I remember he smelled like baby powder. Then Bruce spoke. He no longer talked in his difficult-to-understand way. Now, his speech was clear and articulate.

Bruce said God had taken him to heaven, and he was now "perfect." I cried with such joy as I held him.


This dream warms my heart to this day. I am sure that Bruce is "perfect" now that he is in heaven, and I will look forward to seeing him someday.

KathieyV


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic