Journal Prompt-Share a Time You Helped Someone in Need.

Over the years, I would like to think that I helped someone along the way. Regarding helping someone, my mind goes back to my years as an RN. I worked in hospitals and clinics and met many in need of a touch to ease their physical and emotional pain.


Working as a nurse allowed me to help and comfort others.  I remember the many hands held, the many hugs shared, and the many prayers prayed with my patients. 


For me, the most memorable was a young man in his twenties. He had terminal cancer to the point where his bones would spontaneously break for no apparent reason except for the disease ravaging his body. He was in constant pain. I remember thinking back on how I dreaded to see such discomfort. I soon decided to change my mindset. Instead of the focus being the suffering, I began to see it as a chance for ministry. I began to hold him up in my prayers. I went in early for my shifts to pray with him. 

Sadly, I don't remember his name, it was over 30 years ago, but I clearly remember him. Toward the end of his life, he became unresponsive. I remember buying him a stuffed animal at the gift shop one morning before work. I went up to his room, and I tucked the teddy bear I bought him under his arm and then said a prayer of peace and comfort for him. Not long after, he died.


I do want to help others, and sometimes I think about how I can accomplish this on a more consistent basis. I guess that when we see a need, we address it, and in that way, we can always have a ministry of helping others.

KathieyV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic