Kathiey's World Lifestyle Vlog Aug 16, 2020


Quote of the week



Books
As far as books I am reading this week I just finished Watching You and I will be reading Obsessed next.  Watching you was pretty good I gave it a 3.5.  There was a murder and many twists and turns that I did not see coming.  I would not call it an edge of your seat book but I did find it intriguing and I looked forward to reading it at night.
I read the prolog and part of the first chapter for my post on Try a Chapter.  I was sucked in by the intensity of the voice in this girl's head and I find myself wanting to learn more about OCD.  I will be posting my "Try a Chapter soon on my YouTube Channel.



Company is Coming
There has been a lot of Jane time this week which I love.  I watch her while Erica does a bit of real estate work.  
I will get to see her a lot more now because Josh, Erica, and Jane are moving in.  They are selling their house to build a new house about 45 minutes from here.  They did not want two house payments and the real estate market is great for sellers now and they stand to make a bit of money on the sale of their home.  I have plenty of room so this works out perfectly.  
The one thing that makes me a bit nervous is the dog situation.  They have two dogs Roxy and 
Tilley.  My dog Brodie has accepted Roxy but is not all that fond of Tilley.  They were over last night.  We walked Tilley and Brodie together and they were fine.  It was a different story when we came into the house.  Brodie did a lot of growling and exposed his teeth many times.  I was nervous that Brodie would bite Tilley.  Tiley is not aggressive and stays for the most part away from Brodie.  If we can improve their relationship we should be fine.  Fingers crossed.
(Erica with Roxy and Tilley)
(Brodie Saying that this is his domain and no other dog may enter)

Family
I watched Jane yesterday because Josh and Erica were packing for their big move.  Stephanie came over with Caleb and Maggie too.  It was a fun day.  We ordered pizza for the kids and sandwiches for Steph and me.  We also played video games which is always a fun time.
(Stephaine and Baby Jane ready for an outing)
(Sleepy Baby Jane)

Movies
My movie of the week was "Jurassic Park."
Since Caleb and I played Jurassic Park video games I decided to watch the old 1993 movie.  
I remember enjoying this movie when it first came out.  The scene that made my heart stop was the kitchen scene with the kids and the Raptors.  A very intense moment in the movie.  Overall I think this movie is an 8/10 on my movie rating.


I have not watched much tv this week.  When I did take the time to watch a bit of television I watched "Worst Cooks in America".  It is a silly and fun show.


Books Books Everywhere
Remember last week I mentioned that I had zero storage space for my books and that I had bought a bookshelf?  Well,  I put it together and I love it.
The shelf did come with instructions, thank goodness.  The instructions consisted of a booklet, not just one page.  The thought of the process for me was daunting.  I laid everything out as directed.  The item in the kit that scared me the most was the hidden cam.  The entire process sounded beyond my capabilities but I knew in order to finish I had to start so let's go.

Four hours and lots of sweat later the bookshelf is complete.  Perfect?  Probably not but complete.  I ended up liking the hidden cam, it was actually pretty easy.
I moved the furniture around in my bedroom and found the perfect spot for my new bookshelf.  My bedroom is fairly dark so I want to get a small lamp to place on the top shelf.  The books on the shelf are all books I have not read.  I better get started:-)


Out and About
I did get out and about this week.  Erica and I visited a wine store in Pittsboro NC.  The name of the store is Vino.  We enjoy a refreshing glass of wine.



We also enjoy a BLT from a local store know for their BLT's and it was delicious.  The name of the store is Merritt's Grill in Chapel Hill.
This place was packed. It was a Saturday and it is still a novelty here in NC plus it is a very nice store. I love their floral, wine, bakery, and prepared foods dept. What fun!

Scripture of the Week



Check out my video on YouTube.

                                              



Have a great week!
KathieyV

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic