Journal Prompt-When Did You Experience Joy This Week?

 


When asked when did I experience joy this week my mind goes directly to my grandchildren.  I had the opportunity to help my daughter out with the kids this week.  Now that we are under all of the COVID 19 restrictions the kids are in virtual school.  Caleb had to pick up all of his school supplies on a specific day and at a specific time.  Both his parents were working and I had some free time and I was happy to fill in.

First I had to pick up Caleb from a camp school he is attending.   I waited for him to leave his class for at least ten minutes.  Time was irrelevant when Caleb saw me and burst away from his attendant and ran to me shouting "Nana".  For me, those moments are more precious than gold.  They warm my heart.

We drove from there to his school.  Caleb proceeded to tell me about his day thus far.  We arrived at his school and he was very excited to meet his teacher, all of us in our COVID masks, she was so nice and Caleb ate it up and so did I.  Caleb received in his school supplies his fourth-grade musical instrument-the infamous recorder.  He proceeded to play it all the way home.  Yes it was shrill and loud, and the notes made no sense but Caleb was happy and this made me ecstatic, it brought me joy.

Further joy was to come when Maggie came through the door a few hours later.  She saw me and shouted "Nana" and my joy was complete.

I always find joy in my grandkids:-)

KathieyV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic