Books, Food, Beverages and More - Bringing My Books to Life

Welcome to "Books Beverages and More."  I love to make books come to life in some way in my own reality, so I decided to start this segment.  In some way, I will bring something that happened in the book to my life.  Let's get started...
                               I enjoyed The Southern Book Club's Guide to Vampire Slaying, but that does not mean I want to invite a vampire into my home.  Yikes, that would be horrifying.  That got me thinking about what is an excellent drink to have regarding this book?  The answer is probably a very dark red wine would be perfect.

I did find a site that sells Vampire Wine.  It is from a winery called Vampire Vineyards.  It is a really fun site.  They have many exciting vampire wines. One of the wines is wearing a Dracula cape.  I was all set to order from them, but shipping was $22, which is a bit too high for me.  
                                          
I am headed to Wegmans to find a wine... I chose a nice Rose'.


***********************************************************************************


I tried to remember some of the food and drink in this book, but nothing came to mind.  The main character did spend time looking at old photos to jog her memory of happenings in the past.  I thought I would look at a couple of old photos I have.
I just went up and grabbed a few photos from an old photo box.
This is me back in the day.  We were living in Pennsylvania, and I was wearing my cowgirl outfit.
Look at that old TV and the old black phone.  Things have indeed changed, especially for me:-)
My sweet mom.  She did not have an easy life, which makes me sad to think about. Even though she was treated poorly, she treated us wonderfully.  She loved us, and we knew it.  Mom always found time to help others.  She served on a board that helped the mentally handicapped, and she collected money for the American Heart Association.  She was an angel here on earth, and I miss her.
This is my brother Bruce, and I. Bruce had Down's Syndrome, and he was one of the loves of my life. I miss him too. Love you, Bruce.


***********************************************************************************
While researching this book, I found a fun site Food Fiction Cafe.  This is an excellent site with food ideas and book recipes.  They had a section on A Wrinkle in Time, and I decided to make The Meg Murry sandwich.  Here are the ingredients.  

The Meg Murry
Sliced Bread
Cream Cheese, room temperature/softened OR Mayonnaise
Green Leaf Lettuce
                                                               Tomato, thickly sliced
Onion Salt
Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
Drat, I forgot the lettuce!
***********************************************************************
Here is a fun site that relates to the time of this book.  Check out The Daily Meal, specifically foods and other things that were popular 50 years ago.
I was looking at what were people chatting about in 1969?  One thing was The Charles Manson Murders, the Vietnam war was in full swing, and Richard Nixon was in office.  I remember most of the TV shows they mentioned in this article.  One show that I really enjoyed at the time was Bonanza.  Yes, Little Joe was the cutie, but I was a 12-year-old in love with Hoss because he was so kind.  I would later fall in love with Michael Landon when he starred in Little House on the Prairie.
 

********************************************************************************
The Blackbird Cafe, it was all about the food and beverages.  They had bread, pastries, fruit-flavored iced tea, and the list goes on.  I decided on my trip to Wegmans. I would pick up a pastry.

What a fun time bringing my books to life in various ways. 
 I can't wait to see what I can come up with next time.
Take Care, and Happy Reading!
KathieyV
Check out my YouTube Video

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?