Kathiey's World Lifestyle Vlog July 2020



Quote of the week.
I need to think about this quote.  I started a series of books a few years back to help others going through an unwanted divorce.  I have only finished one of the three. I need to get back to it and finish what I started.  If I can help one person that would be worth the time it takes to complete the project. 


Books
I am currently reading this book.  It is good but a bit slow.  I will probably end up giving it a 4/5 on my reading scale.  And yes, it is a ghost story.
I loved this book and gave it a 5/5 on my reading scale.

Brodie
Brodie has had an exciting week.  He ended up with a horrible ear infection.  I took him to the vet, and he was placed on meds.  Sadly he seems to have lost some of his hearing during this event. 
Next, we had a man walk into my house.  He walked in with a gun, a caulk gun, and went directly into my bathroom.  It was apparent he mistook my townhome for the one next door.  I kept saying to him, "sir, you are in the wrong house," and he seemed not to hear me over Brodies barking.  When the man finally realized he had made a mistake, he left.  While he was inside, Brodie went ballistic,  barking, growling, and lunging, I was so glad that the poor man did not get bit.  I now know that Brodie will not hold back during a home invasion.  Hopefully, we will never have to test that theory.

Travel
Two weekends ago, we took a trip up to Va.  We visited a farm that is owned by a friend of Erica and Josh.  What fun!  There were horses, dogs, donkeys and cats and also the beautiful Va countryside.

We stayed in Staunton Va.   We visited downtown and also went to several wineries.
Jane went with us on our winery tour.  Hence the pacifier.
We stayed at the Blackburn Inn.

Forth of July
We had a wonderful Fourth of July.
We had a cookout with friends and after we went to Erica and Josh's farm for fireworks.
At one point in the evening, I was walking baby Jane as the fireworks were exploding, and I thanked God for all the many blessings in my life.


Food
I enjoyed several tasty meals from Home Chef.

Movies
My movie of the week was "Knives Out."
I would give it 7/10 on my movie scale.  It was good, although a bit slow.  It was reminiscent of an Agatha Christie novel, a who-done-it.  The cast was terrific.
TV
I have been watching the new Extreme Home Makeover.  There was one that was on years ago but there is a new one with new hosts and an occasional visit from Ty Pennington.  The theme remains the same, helping people improve their home and their lives.  Just like the old show, I cry during every episode.  


Spending Time With Family
I spent the entire weekend with my daughters and the grandkids.



Sleep Over
I have officially been tested for COVID 19
On Monday, I had a headache, Tuesday a sore throat, and low-grade fever, and since I have had a cough, congestion, and fatigue.  Any other time in my life, I would just fight it and move on.  I only go to the Dr when I come to realize my body can't fight something on its own.  Such as with the pneumonia I had last year.  Now that this crazy virus is everywhere, and since there is an infant in the family, everyone thought I should get tested.  I had a teleconference with my Dr, and she said I could get a test.  On Thursday, I took the test.  It was not that bad, and the swabs they used were not like the enormously long ones you see on TV.  They said in 2-10 days; I will have results.  So in the interim, I am self quarantined.  The one good thing is that I am getting a lot of writing done:-)
FYI:I got the results back from the test five days later.  It was negative. 

Scripture of the Week

Check out my video on YouTube

Have a great week!
KathieyV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?