Food: Cooking School, What is the Difference Between Dark and Light Corn Syrup???


I am making a new recipe this week.  The recipe is called Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars.  I found the recipe in a magazine called Cooking with Paula Deen.  I made my list and headed off to the grocery store.  In my search for corn syrup, I found that there were two types.  There is dark corn syrup and light corn syrup.  My grocery list just said corn syrup so I was a bit at a loss as to which I should choose. 
Here is a quote from Idea Alley,
"Light corn syrup has a mild, sweet flavor and is absolutely colorless. Dark corn syrup gets its brown color from the inclusion of molasses, which also adds a richer flavor. Light and dark corn syrup can be used interchangeably in almost every instance, with slight flavor variances"
Here is the one I selected
Luckily I choose the light corn syrup because when I got home and checked the recipe that is what it called for.  Happy Day.
I would love to know what you are making this week.
Happy eating and cooking everyone!
KathieyV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?