Stress Relief During the Pandemic. Some Tips from the CDC


According to the CDC there are several things we can do to cope emotionally during this pandemic.  I have listed a few things I found on their website and I am going to share how they relate to me.  Their heading for this list is...

"Things you can do to support yourself.."

*Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.
*Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate.  Try to eat healthy well-balanced meals, exercise regularly, get plenty of sleep, avoid drugs and alcohol.

*Make time to unwind. Try to do some other activities you enjoy.
*Connect with others. Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.

How I am applying this to my life
I agree it is important to take breaks from the news stories about the pandemic.  I have found they can consume you.  I do believe it is important to be informed but also to limit the amount of time spent on this information.  I typically watch the news in the morning and then take a break till evening.  Even that is probably too much.

In regard to taking care of my body I try to do many of the things on their list.  If I get really stressed I do the breathing exercises.  I learned to do these when going through my separation and divorce and it does help.  I do have well-balanced meals thanks to Home Chef.  Meals delivered to my door in a time when it is not safe to go grocery shopping.  As far as exercise my dog helps with that.  Brodie and I take long a walk every day. I have had trouble sleeping over the last week, I think this is probably due to worries associated with the pandemic.  I do avoid unnecessary drugs but I do love my wine and still enjoy that little luxury in my life. 

How to unwind in this situation of social distancing and isolation?  I enjoy taking walks with Brodie, binge-watching TV shows and I have started deep cleaning and adding decorative touches to my home and of course, writing. 

How do I connect with others?  That is a tough one.  I talk on the phone and face-time my daughters and grandkids.  I go to "the Old People Shopping Hour" at my local grocery store.   Face book has been a lifesaver in the attempt to stay socially connected in a time when we are required to distance ourselves. 

I hope you are staying safe and healthy during this difficult time.  If you have any ideas to share on coping during this time of social distancing I would love it if you would share them in the comment section.
Take Care and God Bless
KathieyV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?