Just for Fun Vlog (Books, Movies, TV, and More)


Out and About
There is not much you can do during this Pandemic.  Brodie and I do go on long walks every day when the weather allows.  I need to measure how far we actually go.  I am thinking it is around a 2-mile loop.  We always look for something to take photos of on our journeys.
This is my favorite photo of the week


***********************************************************************


Weekly Movie

I selected a movie from 2017. The movie is called Molly's Game. It got 82% on Rotten Tomatoes with an audience score of 84% which is pretty close to the same.

Here is a synopsis from Rotten Tomatoes,
"MOLLY'S GAME is based on the true story of Molly Bloom, an Olympic-class skier who ran the world's most exclusive high-stakes poker game for a decade before being arrested in the middle of the night by 17 FBI agents wielding automatic weapons. Her players included Hollywood royalty, sports stars, business titans and finally, unbeknownst to her, the Russian mob. Her only ally was her criminal defense lawyer Charlie Jaffey, who learned that there was much more to Molly than the tabloids led us to believe."


Movie Trailer


The movie rating is R for language and violence.

It started off very interesting to me. The story of a girl that is extremely intelligent and an amazing skier. Her goal is to compete in the Winter Olympics and to go to law school. Through a series of unfortunate events, she has to give up her dream of being an athlete and ends up going down a path that leads her to a life where she is involved in high stakes poker games. She is eventually arrested by the FBI for illegal activity related to her life in the gambling world.

The movie tells of her life in the poker world and her life after her arrest. Much of the focus is on gambling, her battle in the legal system and probably more but I don't know because I stopped watching about halfway through the movie. It was a bit too slow for me and I was not interested in all the poker hands and what they meant. I lost interest.

So what would I rate this on a scale of 1-10? It is hard to rate something you don't finish. Based on what I did finish I would have to give it a 4.5 out of 10.

*********************************************************************************


TV Show of the Week

My TV binge for the week is "Nailed It". You can find it on Netflix. I have been watching season 4.

Here is how the show is described

"Home bakers who have a poor track record in the kitchen seek redemption -- and cash -- on this series. In each episode, three contestants try their hand at re-creating edible masterpieces. The projects don't always turn out great, but whichever amateur baker comes closest to a successful dessert by the end of the episode takes home the $10,000 prize."


The show is ridiculous but very funny. An attempt is made by these home bakers to replicate a decorated dessert and the results are usually hilarious. I love it when they show side by side photos of the finished product and both the professional version and the amateur baker version. I have laughed out loud at the attempt. Could I do any better? Absolutely not.


*********************************************************************************


What I am reading this week?

The Child Finder
“No matter how far you have run, no matter how long you have been lost, it is never too late to be found.”

Darling Rose Gold
“It was easier to manipulate someone if they didn’t perceive you as a threat.” 

Holes
“You may have done some bad things, but that doesn't mean you're a bad kid.”

Mercy Watson to the Rescue

"Mercy felt warm inside, as if she had just eaten hot toast with a great deal of butter on it"





*********************************************************************************
What I am listening to on Audible

A Tangled Mercy by Joy Jordan Lake


The narrators are JD Jackson and Angela Dawe.
I like that there are two narrators because the book is told from two timelines. The male speaks from one timeline and the female from the other this makes it easy to know where you are in the story. I think they both do a great job.
******************************************************************************
Room Tour
The bathroom on "Mount Everest"


Thanks for joining me.

It was fun to put together.

How are you keeping sane in this pandemic?

Take care and stay healthy.

KathieyV


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?