Morning Motivation; The Hope Chest

  1. It's interesting that there are times in our lives that we feel we have it all figured out.  We know just what we need and are confident that our hopes are the right ones and in line with God's will for our lives.  These self-proclaimed hopes as far as we can see at the moment will never change.  Well, I have found that not to be the case.  Our situations, our experiences, our joys, and our pains may lead us to other hopes and dreams. 

    A dear friend of mine had a hope chest.  We were teens at the time, and I can remember her chest filled with sheets, towels, tablecloths and other household items leading up to her envisioned and hoped for marriage.  Her hopes sounded perfect to me.  I now wanted a hope chest because I had a dream of marriage and a lovely home, with happy kids, and endless friends. 

    What would I have put in my hope chest in my teen years?  I would have put things in the chest for my home.  I also had nonphysical hopes such as the hope of a loving husband who would love me forever, children that would fill the house with joy and laughter and of course lots of friends.  I also would have put in my love for God and my faith, that I would continue to place God as a priority in my life.  

    Yes, I did marry.  The only things that developed from my hopes were my daughters and my faith.

    In my 20s and 30s.  My hopes did change based on my experience.  My hope was not to continue to struggle financially, That my daughters would be happy and healthy.  That I would someday be loved by my husband.  That I could travel.  That God would guide me and that I would remain close to Him.

    In my 40s and 50s my hopes changed yet again.  I hoped that when my parents were dying that they would pass without pain.  I hoped that when my husband left me after 37 years of marriage that I would recover from the betrayal and start a new and happier life.  I hope to be financially stable.  That my kids and now grandkids would be healthy happy and follow God's lead for their lives.  I prayed God would continue to direct my path and help me to recognize His leading.

    I am 60.  Again some of my hopes have changed, but some remain the same.  I am divorced and live with my dog Brodie.  What is in my hope chest now you ask?  I would like to be healthy and happy.  I would love to develop new friendships both male and female.  I have written a book I hope it is successful.  I would like to be financially secure.  I hope my kids, and now grandkids would be healthy happy and follow Gods lead in their lives.  I hope that I can "be still" and realize that God is in control and that I will have the strength to trust in His timing.  I hope and pray that God will direct me in the way that I should go.  

    For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, 
    “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
    Jeremiah 29:11
    "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; 
    I will counsel you with my eye upon you"
    Psalm 32:8

    Thank you God!
    KathieyV

    What is in your hope chest?  Has it changed over the years?  I would love to hear you story.  Feel free to comment in the comment box.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic