Poets Walk

Today, I decided to start my tour of Hillsborough, NC.   I thought I would visit Ayr Mount.  Ayr Moundt is a historical site in Hillsborough (blog post to follow).  On the Ayr Mount Property is a short trail called Poet's Walk



Parking at the site of the trail is the same parking area that is for Ayr Mount.  Parking is free.  As you walk up to the trail, there is an informational plaque on which is a poem by Robert Burns

Of a’ the airts the wind can blaw,
I dearly like the west,
For there the bonnie lassie lives,
The lassie I lo’e best:
There wild woods grow, and rivers row,
And monie a hill between;
But day and night may fancy’s flight
Is ever wi’ my Jean.

I see her in the dewey flowers,
I see her sweet and fair:
I hear her in the tunefu’ birds,
I hear her charm the air:
There’s not a bonnie flower that springs
By fountain, shaw, or green;
There’s not a bonnie bird that sings,
But minds me o’ my Jean.
~ Robert Burns

The Poet's Walk is a one-mile loop around the Ayr Mount Property. 



You will see the Kirkland Family Cemetary and Ayr House from the trail.  


You will walk through rolling fields and a forested trail.  

I came to a sign with arrows to either the river or the pond.  I took the pond route because I was on a time crunch due to reservations to tour the Ayr House.

The trail is easy to follow and, for the most part, flat and easy walking terrain. 
You will find some picnic tables and benches along the way and a few bird houses.
This is the perfect place for a picnic lunch.

If you are in the Hillsborough, NC, area and want to see a historic site and walk a lovely trail, I suggest you check out Ayr Mount and The Poet's Walk.  It is a beautiful place.
Check out this link for more information

Happy Travels!
Kathieyv



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?