Places-Hiking A Linville Falls Trail in North Carolina.

I honestly can't tell you the name of the trail that Erica and took on our hike.  You go to the Linville Falls Visitors Center,  turn left, and take the path down.  After doing a bit of research, I think it is the Linville Falls Plunge Basin Trail.  It is a more challenging trail then the hike to the right of the visitor center, although that one is lovely.
I have done this hike a couple of times.  Always fun.  Just in case it is Linville Falls Plunge Basin Trail here is some info on that hike found on Asheville Trails

Linville Falls Plunge Basin Trail
"The hike departs from the Linville Falls visitor center, located off the Blue Ridge Parkway at MP 316 (view maps and driving directions), hanging a left in front of the visitor center. The trail splits almost immediately at a signed junction: the Dugger Falls Trail veers left, and the Plunge Basin Overlook and Gorge Floor Trail turns right. The hike follows signs to the overlook, trailing eastbound through a forest filled with leathery-leafed rhododendron."

Erica be careful!
Below is some info from Hike Western NC.  Here is what they had to say....

Linville Falls - Plunge Basin Hike

"A short but rugged trail takes you to the base of this impressive falls; the roughness is mitigated somewhat since it's short. Stare up at the gorge walls and marvel at the water churning through a narrow chasm before plunging into the deep pool at the bottom. A side spur to a classic overlook is also included."

There were some challenging aspects to this trail.  It was steep, and there was little to grab hold of for support during the descent or the climb back up.  I would recommend a walking stick for this trail.

 The stairs were a nice touch....

We made it to the base of the falls...
 We brought along a picnic lunch from Subway...



Great day hiking in the NC mountains with Erica.  Can't wait to go again.
Get out and explore!
KathieyV:-)

Comments

  1. This looks so fun! What a beautiful place. Thank you for sharing it with us.


    Warmly,
    Celeste | ohhelloceleste.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful. I love the mountains. Thanks for stopping by:-)

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful pictures! We live in North Carolina and I have been wanting to visit there. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather, Yes you should go. The upper trail is the easier trail and there are lovely views of the falls. The lower trail is a bit more difficult but short and well worth the trip. Hope you go....and have fun:-)

      Delete
  3. This looks like an absolutely gorgeous adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like an awesome hike! What gorgeous colors! You got a lot of great photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ayana, it was really a lot of fun. If you find yourself in the NC mountains you should give it a try:-)

      Delete
  5. I've been to Asheville, but only for a few hours. I haven't had the chance to truly explore the city, and I've only heard great things. I'm not much of a hiker, but when I'm compensated with amazing views, I'm willing to put myself out there! I'll have to tell my friend this is where we're heading when I visit her in North Carolina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Larissa, There are 2 hikes from the visitors center. The upper falls are a bit easier then the lower falls. Visit the Linville Winery while you are up there. I have posts on all of the ones I mentioned. Have fun:-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic