Reading, Entertainment and Lifestyle Vlog Nov 7, 2021

 My Reading, Watching, and More Vlog Nov 7, 2021

Here is the YouTube version...


Books

I did finish the two books I talked about last week.  

Infinite by Brian Freeman, I did really enjoy.  It was my Audible listen.  The narrator was excellent, as was the plot and the flow of the story.  This book kept my interest on my long walks.  


I also finished We Are the Brennans by Tracey Lange.  I found this one to be a bit too slow for me.  It seemed to go on and on.  I did not like the ending at all.  I don't believe people should be thrown away because you have a change of heart.  I have been there, and I find this unethical.  I wish the author would have taken the high ground. You can tell this is a trigger warning for me, and it did upset me. 


Family

We had a very enjoyable Halloween.  We went over to Steph and Josh's.  We enjoyed my newly famous White Chicken Chilli.  I have decided I like it served with Ritz Crackers.  Here is my blog post on this recipe White Chicken Chili


After the Chili, it was time for Trick or Treat.

Caleb decided to Trick or Treat with his friend Miles.  I did not get to see him on Halloween, but I did see his amazing Ghost costume.

The rest of us hit the streets around Steph's house.  We met many nice neighbors, and Maggie and Jane loaded up on the candy.


Entertainment

Last weekend I wanted to find a bing worth TV show.  I decided to try Requiem on Netflix.  I watched 2 episodes and found myself bored to death, so I stopped.  It was definitely building up to something, but whatever it was was elusive, so I just did not care anymore.

Here is the trailer if you are interested, but it was far too slow for me.


Caleb, Maggie, and I rented a movie last week.  We watched The Addams Family 2.  It is in theaters now, but we rented it on Amazon for a whopping $20.00.  Whenever I watch movies with the kids, I never see the entire movie.  I am usually running to get something we need, such as drinks or snacks.  What I saw I did enjoy, and the kids really liked the movie.
Watch the trailer on Youtube below.




I know it is after Halloween, but I thought, why not watch one more scary movie.  I watched Case 39 on Netflix.  This was a pretty good movie; at least I enjoyed it.  It is a lesson in "things are not always as they seem."  I found myself cringing on many occasions while watching, especially with the bees!
Watch the Trailer below


I continue to watch Dopesick.  It is a mini-series on Hulu.  It is based on the Opioid epidemic and Perdu Pharma.  It is a great show.  If you are like me, it will make you mad that this could happen.  It is a mini-series on Hulu.  It is still ongoing, and I believe there are 8 episodes in total. 
Here is the trailer...


Upcoming Reads

I have not started "The Fortune Cookie Writer" by Nina Navisky yet.  I hope to start it tonight.

This is a Nov 2021 release.

This is about a woman, Marissa,  blindsided by divorce.  She is a dog walker by day and a fortune cookie writer by night. Marissa is broke and takes on job-making dinners for an elderly woman and discovers her new client's history.  Marissa's son is gifted musically but has issues that need to be addressed.  It seems like the three of them will come together and, as the description says, "create good fortune for the three of them."

This book sounds inspiring, and I can't wait to read it.

Book Quote of the Week

This quote is taken from The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue.  You can see my review on my 

Five Book Reading Wrap-Up.



Interesting quote.  Good Book!

Have a great week, everyone!
KathieyV:-)

🧥👗👗👗🧥

What I am wearing.

The cardigan I am wearing is from Stitch Fix.
It is by Love Ellie, Wells Confetti Cardigan in Burnt Orange, Sz medium-$48.00
I love this sweater, and I have worn it several times.  It is soft and warm.  I have not washed it yet.
Materials 72% acrylic, 26% polyester, 2% spandex
Item care Machine wash
If you want to try stitch fix for the first time, you can use my referral link, and it will get you a discount, and I will get a credit.  Here is the link My Referral Link



The black sweater I am wearing is from Wantable.  This is the first time I have worn it. 
 It is a light sweater, and very soft.  I have not washed this one yet, either.  
Brshd Hacci Raglan Sleeve Top in Black Lg by Wantable $59
Here is my referral link from Wantable.  I get a credit if you use my link for your first order, 
but I think the only benefit it gets you is knowing you help me:-)

The earrings I really like.  They are from Rent the Runway.
Gas Bijoux gold Wave Hoops original price $169.  The current discount is $151.20 on RTR.  
Still a bit high for my budget.  I have worn them several times, and I do like them.
Here is what they say about the link
"Your friend gets 40% off their first month of membership, 
you get a free extra spot on your next bill date. Everybody wins".
Have a great week, everyone!
KathieyV









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?