Let's say A Toast to North Carolina-My Home State

I was browsing North Carolina on my computer and found a Toast written to my state.   There is no indication as to who wrote the toast, which I found on DennyDavis.net.  I think North Carolina is a beautiful state.  There is such variety here.  You have the mountains in the west and ocean to our east and a ton of things in between. There is so much to enjoy and discover.  There are wineries, museums, and marvelous hiking trails.  With that in mind, I, too, will say a toast to my home state of NC.

North Carolina Toast

"Here's to the land of the longleaf pine,

The summer land where the sun doth shine.

Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great,

Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State."
Author Unknown


Comments

  1. I love that toast. We had to learn it in 8th grade, and I've always remembered it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic