November Reading Wrap Up 2018 With a Link to My YouTube Reading Wrap-up on Youtube

Welcome to my monthly reading wrap up for November 2018. I was only able to make it through 5 books in November.  I slacked off a bit for one week because I was in Gatlinburg Tennessee to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family.  It was a wonderful week in the mountains.

*********************************************************************************
Lets take a look at the books a read for the month of November 2018.
(There is an Amazon link to each book.  If you are interested in a bit more information just click on the link.  I am an Amazon Affiliate.  If you click on the link and buy anything at all I get a percent of the sale with no cost to you...thanks:-)
***************************************************************************


*********************************************************************************
The Sisters of the Winter Wood by Rena Rossner
429 pages
Genre-Fantasy, Fiction, Young Adult, Magical Realism...
Quote from the book page,

"As dark forces close in on their village, Liba and Laya discover a family secret passed down through generations. Faced with a magical heritage they never knew existed, the sisters realize the old fairy tales are true...and could save them all."
                                                                    
This book is a coming of age story about two sisters Liba and Laya.  They have to deal with a danger that surrounds them all the while coming to terms with who they indeed are.  They have no idea the secrets their parents have hidden from them, and there is no way to run from their destiny.
And yes, bears and swans are involved.

I found it to be an enjoyable book.  It held my interest and
I looked forward to reading it each evening.
I would give this book 3.5/5 on my reading scale.
*****************************************************************************************************************
More than Coincidence
by Editors of Guideposts
236 pages
Genre-Non-fiction
This book is a collection of very short inspirational stories.
In these stories, you begin to realize that many of the events in our lives have a purpose and are not merely a coincidence.  I enjoyed the stories in the book.  It is an easy inspirational read.
I give it a 3.5/5 on my reading scale.



*********************************************************************************************************************
Excellent Women 
by Barbara Pym
231 Pages
Genre-Fiction, classics, British humor...
Here is a quote from the book jacket
"One of Barbara Pym’s richest and most amusing high comedies, Excellent Women has at its center Mildred Lathbury, a clergyman’s daughter and a mild-mannered spinster in 1950s England. She is one of those “excellent women,” the smart, supportive, repressed women who men take for granted. As Mildred gets embroiled in the lives of her new neighbors—anthropologist Helena Napier and her handsome, dashing husband, Rocky, and Julian Malory, the vicar next door—the novel presents a series of snapshots of human life as actually, and pluckily, lived in a vanishing world of manners and repressed desires."



Honestly, I think I enjoyed the book, but I have very little memory of it.
I am going to give it a 3/5 on my reading scale. 

****************************************************************************************************************
Nightmares
The Sleepwalker Tonic
by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller
360 pages
This is a part of a series.
Genre-Children Middle Grade, Fantasy, 
Here is a quote from the book jacket.

"Orville Falls is suddenly filled with . . . zombies? At least, they sure look like the walking dead. Rumor has it that no one’s sleeping in Orville Falls. And Charlie knows what that means."


                                                           
Nightmares is a fun read.  Yes, it is fantasy and geared to I would say middle school age kids but I still really enjoyed it.  There are good and evil characters in this book, along with potions and portals, and an extraordinarily simple remedy to the horrible problem that has taken over Orville Falls.
I would give this book a 3.5/5
 **************************************************************************************
I See You
A Novel
by Clare Mackintosh
388 pages
Genre-Thriller, Mystery, Fiction, Crime
Book Jacket Quote

"It all starts during her commute home one night. Zoe Walker glances through her local paper and sees her own face staring back at her in a classified ad. With the grainy photo is a phone number and a listing for a website called FindTheOne.com.
In the following days, she sees other women in the same ad, a different one every day, and nearly all of them show up in the newspapers as victims of increasingly violent crimes--including murder."


I enjoyed this book.  The premise is awful, but I can sadly see it happening. It is an edge of your seat style book.  I would give this book a 4/5 on my reading scale.
                                                                     

********************************************************************************************************************
I like to do a short review of my favorite book of each month.  
This month I have decided to do the review on "I See You".  
The review will be coming soon:-)
Happy Reading Everyone!
KathieyV
Here is my YouTube Reading Wrap-Up Link


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic