Restaurant Review ZenFish Poke' Bar in Morrisville NC



9924 Chapel Hill Road
Morrisville, NC  27560
Their Moto is
"Guilt-Free, Healthy, Fast-Casual Dining"
ZenFish
"And when we say good, we mean our ingredients are sourced from local farmers
 as much as possible and everything we use is compostable - 
so you can feel great about what you're eating." 
ZenFish

First off what is a poke bowl?  It would be a good thing to get the pronunciation right.  It looked like poke, so that is what I said: "Poke."  The correct way to say the word is "POH-keh."
I looked up the definition and here is what Wikipedia had to say...
Poke (Hawaiian for "to section" or "to slice or cut") is a raw fish salad served as an appetizer in Hawaiian cuisine, and sometimes as a main course. ... Increasingly popular ahi poke is generally made with yellowfin tuna."
At ZenFish they do have raw protein options and they have many cooked options as well.  
​Here is the poke bar area where they build your desired bowl.

A very clean and busy kitchen:-)
Giant rice cookers...
I chose for my base the white rice.
My protein was cooked shrimp and as you can see I added many "mix-ins" and "toppings".
 Erica went with the raw protein option.  She chose the salmon.  
Both bowls were delicious.
If you look at the photo above in the left corner, you will see a wall.  On that wall, it says "I Am Grateful For."  Colorful chalk is provided for you to write in your thankful thoughts.  Nice touch!
If you find yourself in Morrisville NC and you want a healthy and yummy meal, I suggest you give ZenFish a try.  I hope to revisit them soon.
Happy Eating!
KathieyV
(FYI:I did get a free bowl to post my opinion on this venue.
I never let that sway from an honest review.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic