A Visit to The Museum Park at the NCMA of Raleigh NC

Museum Park a the North Carolina Museum of Art in Raleigh NC.
When you drive past the NCMA in Raleigh you can see several sculptures from the roadway.  I decided it was high time I checked out The Museum Park.
Quote from the NCMA website...
"The Ann and Jim Goodnight Museum Park connects art, nature, and people to encourage creative experiences and human interactions. It features temporary and permanent public art installations by international artists, environmentally sustainable landscapes, colorful and contemporary gardens, miles of recreational trails, and a terraced pond."
According to the park brochure, there are 28 works of art in this park.  I viewed 15.  I will have to go back and find the sculptures that I missed.


The park itself is lovely.  There are walking trails, areas to picnic, and of course artwork.  It made for a pleasant stroll on this beautiful spring day.

I saw folks relaxing on benches, a family picnic underway beneath the shade of a weeping willow tree. People walking their dogs, some people strolling, and others like me with camera in hand.

So many amazing works of art.
So if you are in the mood for a hike and like sculptures and art forms, I suggest you visit the Museum Park at the NCMA.  I highly recommend it.  Take some water for your walk, and if you feel so inclined, a picnic lunch would be nice too.
Happy Travels and Adventures!
KathieyV:-)

I have been to the NCMA many times.  Here are a few blog posts from my visits.
Mending What is Broken (a blog post on a work of art I saw at the museum)


SaveSave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic